• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Three Questions

48 posts in this topic

The GA boards were kind of a serious drag last week and I'm kinda bored posting my junk, so I thought I'd lighten it up. I posted this over in General when I first came on here and it went over pretty well. Everybody, can participate, even the lurkers. No wrong answers or judgement and hopefully a little fun.

Here are 3 questions I love to ask people. It says a lot about them and is a good ice breaker.

1.) If you were a Super Hero what power would you like to have?

2.) Quickly without thinking about it, What is your favorite Beatles song?

3.) If you were to have a party at your house, what three people (living or dead)

would you like to be there and why?

Here's my answers:

1.) Invisibility. Think of all the things you could secretly find out about. Think of the

fun you could have? And no one would know you were there...

2.) "Dizzie Miss LIzzie" A straight up rock and roll song. Nothing heavy that you

have to think about. Just a good time beginning to end. Toe tapping and fun.

(preferably played loud)

3.) Jesus, Benjamin Franklin and Jimi Hendrix. Three people (other than my

family) that have had a big influence on me.

Jesus: Think of the things he could tell you if he wanted to. Also at a party he

could turn water into wine.

Benjamin Franklin: One of the smartest and most inventive people (in all fields)

that ever lived. Also I heard he was quite the social partier guy. Probably

could bring lots of girls to my party...

Jimi Hendrix: Best electric guitarist of all time? Surely he re-invented the

electric guitar. Deeply based in blues, rhythm and blues and American

music. Would love him to show me a few tricks. He could provide the

entertainment and would also probably attract a few more girls.

What would YOUR answers be???

Ok I'll give it a try.

1) Call me old fashioned, but I'd go with boring old super strength.

2) Dig a pony

3) FDR, Jesus, Churchill.

EDIT: if you asked album it would be either revolver or rubber soul. I love hearing how they changed rock forever. They both have some early Beatles sound and some new Beatles sound.

Looking at my response in that thread I might have changes.

1) I probably wouldn't go with super strength. Now I'd probably prefer something that wasn't obvious. I'd prefer to stay out of the limelight. Both for me and my kids. Lets go with telepathy.

2) Still love Dig A Pony. Way underrated.

3) For this lets go with the big three. Jesus, the Profit Muhammad , and Moses. Find out what they think of what people are doing in their names.

1 - Time Travel

2 - While My Guitar Gently Weeps

3 - My Dad, My wife Tracy, and Billy Parker - I would have loved for my dad to know the two favorite people in my life now.

1.) If you were a Super Hero what power would you like to have?

2.) Quickly without thinking about it, What is your favorite Beatles song?

3.) If you were to have a party at your house, what three people (living or dead)

would you like to be there and why?

1) An ability to locate any person or thing anywhere in the world just by thinking about him, her, or it. That way I could solve missing persons cases for the whole noblesse oblige part of the superhero shtick, and I could get rich collecting bounties. (I know there have been TV characters with that ability, but I'm not sure about comic book characters.)

2) Lately it's "When I'm 64."

3) a. Helen of Troy so I could see what all the fuss was about.

b. Edgar Allan Poe so I could ask him how he died.

c. Hieronymus Bosch, so I could ask him to explain his paintings to me—especially this image: Treeman.jpg

1. Invulnerability/immortality (that way nuthin' and I mean nuthin' would bother me). Otherwise, flexibility (Jack Cole came up with the right idea when Eel O'Brian fell into that acid vat).

2. Imagine (because John was a smart composer and I'm ideologically rebellious enough to count this solo effort as a great Beatle's tune).

3a. Tough call, but my short list for a lively "what if" party would include W.C. Fields, Robin Williams and Groucho Marx. groucho.gif

3b. Party girls! smiley-greet006.gif

3c. In the real world, I'd probably just invite several of my favorite board brethren over to geek out looking at comics, playing poker & watching movies. :insane:

Invisibilty(I would sneak into Area 51)

A day in the life was the best Beatles song

Imagine was the best a Beatle did after the Beatles

My deceased grandma, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Matt Baker

Invulnerability/Immortality - Basically Wolverine type powers just amped up a little to Superman level invulnerability

There are places I remember

William Shatner, God, Albert Einstein (all basically gods to me)

1. Invisible Woman powers.

2. Back in the USSR

3. Robert A Heinlein, John D. MacDonald, two writers whose work I greatly admire, and I never got to meet either, and Jack Kirby. Shared a short chat with him back in the Eighties, I'd greatly enjoy having a long conversation.

...but boy oh boy, Ben Franklin would be a killer choice!

1. Invisible Woman powers.

2. Back in the USSR

3. Robert A Heinlein, John D. MacDonald, two writers whose work I greatly admire, and I never got to meet either, and Jack Kirby. Shared a short chat with him back in the Eighties, I'd greatly enjoy having a long conversation.

...but boy oh boy, Ben Franklin would be a killer choice!

Alright another rock fan. Back in the USSR rips!

Really no clue on 1 or 3.

#2: It may be multiple tracks but it's really 1 song... Golden Slumbers/ Carry That Weight/ The End. Saw McCartney perform that live with, of all people, the surviving members of Nirvana a couple years ago.