• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another comic investing article

21 posts in this topic

I've always wondered about their finances. I've always suspected that they have so much tied up in inventory that if you were looking at it as a regular business, it wouldn't look all that great.

It's like poker-- the toughest way to make an "easy" living.

Can anyone here name someone who got "rich" selling comics?

Plenty of people have,but its not as easy as one thinks or percieves in make it rich articles.

I wonder where did these people bought their books/inventory? I'm sure they're not from eBay or the Auction Houses. lol

Plenty of people have,but its not as easy as one thinks or percieves in make it rich articles.

I wonder where did these people bought their books/inventory? I'm sure they're not from eBay or the Auction Houses. lol

Well you have a pretty impressive Sig. line,you should be making it rich! (thumbs u

"Careful with the new stuff". Well, not all of us are 60+ years old and got a chance to buy old, rare comics for dirt cheap. So I'm putting my dough on the rare moderns in hopes to get in on the ground floor and when I'm 60.....

Jerome

That's a very interesting perspective on modern book investing. It kinda makes sense. I guess as long as you're buying low and able to sell high, you'll do just fine.

"Careful with the new stuff". Well, not all of us are 60+ years old and got a chance to buy old, rare comics for dirt cheap. So I'm putting my dough on the rare moderns in hopes to get in on the ground floor and when I'm 60.....

Jerome

That's a very interesting perspective on modern book investing. It kinda makes sense. I guess as long as you're buying low and able to sell high, you'll do just fine.

"Those who do not learn from history are condemned to repeat it"

Seems like this is "Deja Vu All Over Again".

Although I did not get caught up in the hype I lived through this in the early 90's.

chuck.

I don't think Chuck is "rich" He has worked it into a pretty successful business but not what society deems "rich". I would say metro falls into this category as well. Now CGC, that is a good answer.

While the article is pretty bland, at least it differentiates itself from some of the similar articles out there. Most of those articles say, "those comics in your attic.....worthless!", or something to that effect, based solely on the fact that folks over invested in the glut of the 90's.

At least they kind of touch on the "nothing made for the sole purpose of being a collectible will ever be collectible" thing.

Not a great article, but I've read worse.