• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I want to trade my High Grade Marvels for your High Grade DC's!!!

17 posts in this topic

Hey guys I am thinking about changing the direction my collection is heading in so I would like to offer for trade almost any of the books from my CGC Avengers and Tales of Suspense registry sets. Every book is 8.5 of higher and I think only one has cream to off-white pages every other one is better. I am interested in CGC high grade copies of JLA 1-14 Greel Lantern 1-16 and Flash 105-139 so please let me know if you have anything for trade and maybe we can make a deal.

Have a good rest of your week,

Eric

Eric,

Good luck on your trade request. Keep in mind those early SA DC's came out at least 4 years before early SA Marvels. Almost impossible to find early SA DC in Cgc 8.5 or better. news.gif

Very true, but there's got to be at least one or two Marvel Zombies out there who'd be up for the trade. Good luck! thumbsup2.gif

I never thought it would be easy collecting high grade DC's just more exciting for me. I love the characters and to be honest the challenge of finding the books is the fun for me. I loved collecting all of the Marvels I bought but then the market just kept producing more and more high grade Marvels and it just wasn't as fun any more. I kind of thought for awhile now that Marvels in 8.5 to 9.2 which are mostly what I collect can always be had if you have the money. The same can't be said for DC's and as Bob mentioned the paper quality makes the hunt even more enticing. Near Mint your copy of JLA #14 has been on my hit list for quite awhile now just don't have the money to shell out on it. If some of my offers go through on my Marvels I may just have to pony up a bid on it.

Thanks for the replys guys and happy collecting,

Eric

I never thought it would be easy collecting high grade DC's just more exciting for me. I love the characters and to be honest the challenge of finding the books is the fun for me...and as Bob mentioned the paper quality makes the hunt even more enticing.

I was clued in on that fact by a dealer 4-5 years ago. That prompted what evolved into my desire to put together a high grade (9.4 and up) JLA collection. A feat I achieved with some measure of success. If my priorities hadn't shifted I'd still be enjoying the hunt and bugging tth2 to sell me some of his gems I missed out on. Would have liked to either upgrade my #14 with the one you got or held out for the 9.6 copy if I wanted to pay the ransom it would have cost me.

Enjoy the challenge. It is a great ride! cloud9.gifsmile.gif

Eric,

Good luck on your trade request. Keep in mind those early SA DC's came out at least 4 years before early SA Marvels. Almost impossible to find early SA DC in Cgc 8.5 or better. news.gif

Very true, but there's got to be at least one or two Marvel Zombies out there who'd be up for the trade. Good luck! thumbsup2.gif

Ya I'm sure they'd be up for the trade, er one problem, they probably don't have the HG DCs to trade. Good luck man you're gonna need it.... 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eric,

Good luck on your trade request. Keep in mind those early SA DC's came out at least 4 years before early SA Marvels. Almost impossible to find early SA DC in Cgc 8.5 or better.

Very true, but there's got to be at least one or two Marvel Zombies out there who'd be up for the trade. Good luck!

Ya I'm sure they'd be up for the trade, er one problem, they probably don't have the HG DCs to trade. Good luck man you're gonna need it....

Getting a pile of cash (instead of books) can make it easier to acquire those books. I know I now have a lot of nice TOS's (and some Avengers) and Eric has at least two extremely nice (CGC 9.4) early DC's. So I'd say we are both happy (and I believe he has the funds to buy one or two more super nice books).

grin.gif