• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hardest choice ever!

31 posts in this topic

:hi: everybody!

I have to sell one book to pay the bills (after paid the property tax recently). Maybe I should sell few books.

Right now, I have OAAW #83 and IH #181 that are currently at CGC and both are Grading/Quality Control. Both will be shipped this Monday (Express Tier). OAAW #83 had an old label with 6.5 (probably will be same or one grade bump) and IH #181 may be at least 9.2. There are four more books at CGC (Standard Coupon) but it will be about three to four more weeks. Time sucks.

I have Bone #1 CGC 9.8 and nearly full of Neal Adams' Batman and Detective Comics - all of them are 9.4 to 9.8.

Either OAAW #83 or IH #181 can cover all billings at once this month easily but I don't want to let them go again. OAAW #83 is the hardest one to find in the high grade and is expensive right now than IH #181 that I bought 6 times and sold five times. If IH #181 gets 9.6 or 9.8, I will keep it forever. That is problematic.

Should I give up Bone #1 CGC 9.8? I keep it for 7 years waiting for the movie comes out. What's up with Jeff Smith and Warner company in those years since 2008? It is about $3950 value.

How's about selling the partial of Neal Adams' Batman and Tec? It takes a long time to complete them but few books are yet to be graded. Let them go and do it again but it will be a long road for me. I am reluctant to start over.

Which books should I keep and let them go? What are your thought?

I would have to go IH 181. Lots of those out there, unless it comes back a 9.8 2c

I would have to go IH 181. Lots of those out there, unless it comes back a 9.8 2c
I'd probably still let that one go, even in 9.8. It's probably the easiest of books mentioned to replace, and any money you'd net over what was needed could go into the fund for the next copy.

Sell the 181. I've had over 6 of them, they come and go all the time.

I thought about that too. I sold 7.5 few months ago. I hope I will get it very soon from CGC. That will my seventh book to be sold. I know it is always out there to find them easily.

I'd probably still let that one go, even in 9.8. It's probably the easiest of books mentioned to replace, and any money you'd net over what was needed could go into the fund for the next copy.

Yes, the Hulk 181 for sure since you will be able to pick it back up anytime you want as long as you have the money.

My concern is that this sounds as though it could be an ongoing problem for you as you seem to be referring to this month's bills only. How about next month's bills and the month after that? :cry: