• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hardest choice ever!

31 posts in this topic

I would have to go IH 181. Lots of those out there, unless it comes back a 9.8 2c
I'd probably still let that one go, even in 9.8. It's probably the easiest of books mentioned to replace, and any money you'd net over what was needed could go into the fund for the next copy.

Yes, the Hulk 181 for sure since you will be able to pick it back up anytime you want as long as you have the money.

My concern is that this sounds as though it could be an ongoing problem for you as you seem to be referring to this month's bills only. How about next month's bills and the month after that? :cry:

The summer is the worst part of the year when I am not teaching the course at my local college. My course will start on August 25 unless it is not re-assigned to someone else to meet the full time load. I am still a part-time instructor but I do hope to teach the course this fall. I need a Roland relief. :grin:

If IH #181 gets 9.2 or higher, I can depend on it for next three months then I will be ok.

Yes, the Hulk 181 for sure since you will be able to pick it back up anytime you want as long as you have the money.

My concern is that this sounds as though it could be an ongoing problem for you as you seem to be referring to this month's bills only. How about next month's bills and the month after that? :cry:

The summer is the worst part of the year when I am not teaching the course at my local college. My course will start on August 25 unless it is not re-assigned to someone else to meet the full time load. I am still a part-time instructor but I do hope to teach the course this fall. I need a Roland relief. :grin:

If IH #181 gets 9.2 or higher, I can depend on it for next three months then I will be ok.

That's good to know and I hope your part-time job turns into a full-time job for you. :wishluck:

Out of all the books which you listed, the last one you should let go and only if necessary would be OAAW #83 since this is now being seen as a super key book and by far, the toughest to acquire out of all of the books you have listed. Still a lot of upside potential left on this book and a real keeper. :cloud9:

That's good to know and I hope your part-time job turns into a full-time job for you. :wish luck: (I work there for 7 years - hopefully that full-time instructor will retire in two more years. The position will be opened to the public. I will have the job interview for it).

Out of all the books which you listed, the last one you should let go and only if necessary would be OAAW #83 since this is now being seen as a super key book and by far, the toughest to acquire out of all of the books you have listed. Still a lot of upside potential left on this book and a real keeper. :cloud9:

I hope I still keep it for a long time.

My family has been on the film documentary for 7 years. The guy got $36K from the Kickstarter.com and he will able to finish up his film before submitting it to Sundance Fest this month. If the film is selected, I will make the announcement here. I hope my family will get the money somehow.

I would have to go IH 181. Lots of those out there, unless it comes back a 9.8 2c
I'd probably still let that one go, even in 9.8. It's probably the easiest of books mentioned to replace, and any money you'd net over what was needed could go into the fund for the next copy.

Comic book money keeping the lights on. Here's to comic book movies doing well on the box office over the next 50 yrs!

Comic book money keeping the lights on. Here's to comic book movies doing well on the box office over the next 50 yrs!

..... it sounds like you've already considered the IH 181 as a prime candidate .... and it would be a logical choice due to it's demand (and availability for re-acquisition...). Very few books are irreplaceable..... I think next on the list might be the Adams stuff..... but some of those aren't easy to replace (in 9.6/9.8), especially if yours have exceptional QP. I lost my job at the start of the year and it took over 3 months to find another that barely pays half what I used to make. At the time, I was forced to sell some books(reluctantly...) and even now still have to sell books to make ends meet. It's awkward..... but I'm thankful to have the option. I was having trouble deciding which books.... like you. My choice was to just offer up everything, with slightly aggressive prices to keep everything from selling, and let the chips fall where they may. Quite a few items sold and it got me through..... and one of the books I least wanted to sell was actually made available to me again, recently, and I was able to get that same book back. Someone may also be willing to float you a loan on a book, and you could have the option to buy back with interest. Whatever you decide, it only hurts for a minute to let one go, and then you just get used to it being gone ..... it's not like we really "need" them, as much as we may think we do. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

..... it sounds like you've already considered the IH 181 as a prime candidate .... and it would be a logical choice due to it's demand (and availability for re-acquisition...). Very few books are irreplaceable..... I think next on the list might be the Adams stuff..... but some of those aren't easy to replace (in 9.6/9.8), especially if yours have exceptional QP. I lost my job at the start of the year and it took over 3 months to find another that barely pays half what I used to make. At the time, I was forced to sell some books(reluctantly...) and even now still have to sell books to make ends meet. It's awkward..... but I'm thankful to have the option. I was having trouble deciding which books.... like you. My choice was to just offer up everything, with slightly aggressive prices to keep everything from selling, and let the chips fall where they may. Quite a few items sold and it got me through..... and one of the books I least wanted to sell was actually made available to me again, recently, and I was able to get that same book back. Someone may also be willing to float you a loan on a book, and you could have the option to buy back with interest. Whatever you decide, it only hurts for a minute to let one go, and then you just get used to it being gone ..... it's not like we really "need" them, as much as we may think we do. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

You made a very good point. I let go few Mega Key books before then regained them but I can't win everything. I have three part-time jobs - two of them with great benefits...waiting for the full-time position to be available so the benefits will be carried over. Waiting sucks. Both jobs combined 13 years (7 years and other 6 years).

Thanks for sharing your pain part with me. God bless you.

P.S. the guy who did the film documentary on my family about the cochlear issues (my two kids can hear and speak like hearing people - many deaf people are against it. We are the deaf parents) for 7 years. He has someone to do the soundtrack with music and worked with his lawyers for the protections. Once his film is completed, he will submit his film to Sundance Fest in 2016. Sundance Fest will choose only 100 out of 15,000 films worldwide. That is less than 1% chance. If the film is chosen, I hope that my family will see the money that will ease on me too. I will know by Thanksgiving (US). :wishluck:

That's good to know and I hope your part-time job turns into a full-time job for you. :wishluck:

+1 That's a toughie and your copy sounds real nice. Me, I'd give the dog the Bone...

I'm repeating what others have said. The Incredible Hulk 181 is easy to sell for good money. And if you have the money in the future, will be easy to replace. Likely will cost you a bit more, but it will always be a book you can obtain if you have the money.

My tastes sadly are at times rather unrefined - I guess I'm just a beer sorta guy - so personally I'd dump the Bone and not miss it a bit. But if you appreciate the book and character you'll have a far harder task replacing it down the road.

NO WAY I'd part with the OAAW 83. That book has way too much upside potential. You'll most likely kick yourself a few years from now for letting it go at today's prices

Good luck