• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THis Mag is Haunted # 3

18 posts in this topic

What's the deal with This Magazine is Haunted # 3 ...... I have never seen a copy for sale ? Does anybody have one....would anyone know where one is ? I guess it has to be one of the rarest pre-code horror books...any thoughts ? Anyone have a scan of the cover.... ? thanks.

Ajax,

according to my spreadsheet, I should have a scan of it at home (from the auction mentioned below). I'll post it tonight if noone beats me to it.

I have seen this book only once for sale on eBay since Dec 2001 when I started to track sales closely. It went for way over guide as people have clued in that this one is not showing up frequently. I want to say about $300 for a VG to VG/FN copy. It guides at 108 in Fine. And, in fear to sound repetitious, I need it for my collection as it is dated Feb.-March 1952 hence my keeping track of it. For comparison, I have seen # 4 in the same interval maybe 3 or 4 times on eBay.

It took me several years before I finally found a copy. Unfortunately it's in rough shape with the cover spine about 3/4 split.

Rich Muchin had a copy a few months ago.

Cliff

It took me several years before I finally found a copy. Unfortunately it's in rough shape with the cover spine about 3/4 split.

Rich Muchin had a copy a few months ago.

Cliff

IT seems almost EVERY copy I've seen, about 6 copies now, all have the same SPINE SPLIT defect. Not a small split, but each copy was split about 3/4 of the way down.

I have a theory as to why this book is so scarce.

I believe there was a problem at the printers and that problem led to the cover to this book becoming split and consequently detached.

I would think that over the years most of the copies became coverless and probably discarded.

This is why you don't see it for sale.

That's just my theroy. based on the fact that every copy I've seen had the same spine split issue.

I've had two of these over the years. The first one was about a G+, but I dont remember a spine split. I traded it for a decent TOMB OF TERROR #15 and a coverless TMIH #3 (with xerox cover). It pops up every now and then.