• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rankings for Dealers

385 posts in this topic

Unrealistic expectations? Amount of work? Does this follow the same train of thought that I must not have kids or this is a Part time business to me so I don't work it that hard. Honestly, you continue to embarass yourself on how little you know about me or how hard I work or how much I care about the general state of this business.

Bob,

I love you. Your'e one of the best in the world of high grade funny books.

I poke you because you seem to enjoy poking others and have done it to me and many other people many times. Your own web-site shows clearly your attitude. I thought that you could take a joke as opposed to just dishing them out. I was apparantly wrong.

I am sorry that I was mean and hurt your feelings.

flowerred.gifflowerred.gifflowerred.gifflowerred.gif

I thought that I knew you better after 15 years.

Wrong again. I guess the goose and gander thing goes one way.

Try not to blow a gasket the next time you misplace a Spidey 1. It's in your box!

Its as if most promoters had never heard of J.C. Levinson.

confused.gif

You must be joking. How long are you in the promotion biz?

Not joking.

My name is not how long and yes I am in the promotion business.

Mr. Levinson is in the business of selling marketing books and not promoting comic book shows.

Its as if most promoters had never heard of J.C. Levinson.

confused.gif

You must be joking. How long are you in the promotion biz?

Not joking.

My name is not how long and yes I am in the promotion business.

Mr. Levinson is in the business of selling marketing books and not promoting comic book shows.

And the church is in the business of selling bibles.Perhaps,just perhaps if you took the time to read a few of his marketing books,you'd learn something.Or is there nothing you can learn from the Godfather of small business marketing?

Either way,makes no difference to me,so I'm bailing on this thread before a fight starts.

speaking for myself, I would not know about your shows without seeing them listed in TONY or the NY Times, or a flyer at my LCS- unless I got a postcard or email from you (which I don't). The only place I've heard of your shows has been recently, from this board, and I've been a comic collector in NYC for years.

Do you read Wizard? or CBG? Or pick up fliers at Big Apple shows? or New York Comicon? The best list of shows may be at comicbookconventions.com.

or primatepromotions.com.

If you would like to try our next show it's Sunday March 18 at the Midtown Holiday Inn beween 9th and 10th. 70 tables of comic books and creators. PM your name and address and I will put you on the pass list for two.

dumb question; do you have a means by which to collect names + addresses from attendees, like a drawing for door prizes and such? addresses can be either snail- or e-mail

This is from the perspective of the Australian convention scene (which is minimal at best) but the three ways that i know when it is occuring is:

1) Via a letter i receive from Harley Yee when he is coming down to it (which is great considering he is coming from overseas, asking if there are any books in particular i would like him to bring...a true dealer in my books) ;

2) Via a letter/email from the organisers of the convention itself

3) By word of mouth from my LCS

And yet there will always be "difference of opinions" on this show, as the show is run by one of the two big comic shops in Sydney, whilst the other will not even make an appearance at it.

I would hazard a guess that running a convention, on any scale, is not an easy task!! Having to deal with various personalities, competition from other conventions and other arenas like the internet would not be the most relaxing of ways to spend ones time.

And yet considering how small our hobby can be (as has been pointed out), i tend to think that it is sort of our responsibility as collectors to make suggestions on how to improve any and all conventions to "open minded promoters" to ensure the future of our hobby. If those suggestions are good, you hope they will be taken on board and tried. If bad, well obviously they will not be tried, but at least thanked for the suggestion anyway.