• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Chicago -- August 18-21, 2016

334 posts in this topic

I loved the 8-11 dates from two years ago. That was the first time I'd managed to go in about 10 years, so I hadn't been following the dates until recently. I was hoping that 2015 was the hiccup and they'd go back to a week earlier, but that stupid Orlando show shot that idea.

Chicago public schools this year don't start until September 8th.

The suburban schools all start the last week in August, however.

What hits me is that Kansas State University starts up August 22 next year, so I have to cut my visit short to get back to teach. :frustrated: This year we also start a week from Monday, right after Wizard.

A&M starts Aug. 29 (it's usually 2 weeks after Chicago is done) so it's a good date for me. But I'm disappointed with this year's lineup so I doubt I'll hit this one. Thinking about venturing out to Emerald City or C2E2 next spring.

Time to start looking forward to the next installment, 363 days away! I'll probably just be doing Thursday-Friday again, but two days at this show still beats any other show I'll get to in the next year.

Cubs in town on the 18th vs Milwaukee... then they are on a road trip.

hm

Problem is that Margaritaville and Jimmy Buffett rolls into Long Island that week...

Cubs in town on the 18th vs Milwaukee... then they are on a road trip.

hm

Problem is that Margaritaville and Jimmy Buffett rolls into Long Island that week...

Buzz I will get us tickets, c'mon down!!! Bleachers!

Planning to attend this year with a small army.

Last year, my friend's son had such a great time that he wants to skip his bar mitzvah this year to attend the convention, but Mom said absolutely not. Kid will cut out of school Thursday to attend with us.