• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

is this trade worth it?

40 posts in this topic

An incomplete AF 15 should go for between $2,500 and $3,500. Amazingly enough, there is a decent market for this book, even in that condition.

The other books are modern and won't be worth much in the long term, but if you love the characters they could have value to you.

Regardless, financially, seems like a good deal. I just don't know if you want a coverless incomplete AF 15...

Flip a coin, sleep on it and then decide which you would rather have in your collection.

Normally, I would say a trade of Modern for key Vintage is a win, however, in this case I would not make the trade. I know it's an AF15 but you are giving up some good stuff for a coverless and incomplete book. The fact that two of your books are PGX is troublesome though. Just a gut feeling but I say No.

Problem is not that is coverless, rather than it misses a page.

If it was just coverless I would have said "go for it" – but in this case it is a coverless AND incomplete book, so you either hope to find a page to marry or are stuck with an incomplete copy. :shrug:

Nonetheless I wouldn’t hesitate to give up Spider-Gwen for Spider-Man… lol

That last 2 coverless af 15s on ebay sold 11 days apart. One sold for ~1700, the other had very suspicious bidding, so even though it ended at 3250, I wouldn't take that to be meaningful. Still, I would take the af 15. PGX grades carry very little weight with me. If those were cgc with those grades... well, I'd probably still take the trade.

Here's my math on what you have, but I'm assuming cgc here, you'll have to deduct for the pgxness of what you have:

first silk: $700 (max of two recent cgc 9.9 sales).

greg land: $455

the other one: $200

total: $1355

The coverless AF 15 with one missing page is almost certainly worth more than that. But, even if it isn't, I'd still much prefer the AF 15.

AF15 or some modern age no name comics hmmmmmm let me see OK I will go for the AF15!! This is a joke of a question!! In a few years if not already no one will care about the modern day comics you mentioned but everyone will care about AF15!!

I don't know that I'd go that far, but I agree with the overall point. Make the trade!

Thanks for all the opinions guys. I do want amazing fantasy 15 as its my fave comic cover of all time and my favorite super hero. With that said though, I really do love the Greg land spider Gwen and love the spider Gwen character that it made me have conflicted thoughts. That is why I was getting opinions. With that said though, unfortunately the deal fell through anyway as immediately after the guy texted me about meeting up, he claimed he had to work all day the day we were suppose to meet up but that we'd have to reschedule for later in the week. I hit him up again Thursday and yesterday and haven't heard back. So I assume he was just pulling my chain. I guess it wasn't meant to be. I do prefer a cover copy as my main reason to own it would be for the sweet cover. Anyway, thanks again :)