• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ronda Rousey interested in playing Carol Danvers?

22 posts in this topic

Whats the consensus? aRe we reading too much into this? Would she even be a good Ms Marvel?

Rousey as Danvers?

My biggest concern would be the sexy side of Carol Danvers. What makes her intriguing is that she can kick your or seduce you if she chooses, much like Spider-Woman.

While Ronda certainly has the kick you part down, She doesn't really exude sexiness, not saying she isn't, just that she really doesn't portray that aspect very well...if at all.....

Thoughts?

The acting side is kinda missing. She might be able to do it eventually but not at this stage of her career. I just saw Expendables 3 which is streaming on Netflix. Watch it and you will see what I mean.

She has the comic book body...

No, she doesn't. She's athletic, but it's not the "comic book body."

I'd say she has the "I can believe she can kick serious body." Something that Gal Gadot is sorely missing.

Not to be a jerk, but she'd have to get that mole lasered off her face first.

I don't think that's being a jerk at all. When you put yourself out there as an actor or model, being judged on your looks comes with the territory. Petioning for a movie role is putting yourself out there to be seen my millions. If she doesn't want to get judged on her looks, she should avoid acting.

As a fighter her looks doesn't belong in that conversation, unfortunately they always do, but they shouldn't....

Dunno. She was pretty bad in Expendables 3 but was pretty good in her small role in Fast & Furious 7. So I don't really know. Maybe with a good director, they can manage to get a good performance out of her. But I just don't know about her carrying a movie. In F&F7, she was surrounded by good to great actors & didn't have to carry the movie by any stretch.

What you didn’t know about Vikings star Katheryn Winnick

Winnick currently holds a third-degree Black Belt in taekwondo and a second-degree Black Belt in Karate. She’s also a licenced bodyguard and believes it’s essential for women to know how to protect themselves.

Winnick, who speaks five languages (Ukrainian, Russian, French, Italian and English) said the real challenge had been learning to speak Old Norse. But, now that they are filming season four, the accent has finally become second nature.

But, when pressed about recent rumours the action woman might snag a role in the next James Bond film, as well as play Carol Denvers in the Captain Marvel movie, she remained coy.

“I don’t know what will be the next move. I am a big fan of comics, so I definitely will pick up the phone when they call — if they call.”

And she's a fan of comic books? Heart be still.

:cloud9: