• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dr Chaos Gold, Silver & Bronze Sales Thread

27 posts in this topic

Nightcrawler_Teleporting_by_fredlc.jpg Hyperlinks Click links and jump to:

Rules :rulez: :banana::banana::banana::news: :banana::banana::banana:email.gifPM

Comic Listings Index (1 section) 1 Comic Listings 1 2

Rules for this thread :rulez:

1. No HOSers, probies or trolls

2. I will entertain offers but :takeit: is the best way to lock up a book

3. Payment by Paypal, check, or money order is OK. If paying by check, it must clear before book ships out.

4. I am in Hackensack, NJ if we agree on delivery I can bring your order to a local comic show or meet in person (cash payment is requires in this event) – I will list upcoming shows I am attending in the Other Information section near the top of this thread.

5. Shipping to US and Canada only

6. Books sent by USPS Priority mail unless otherwise specified by buyer

7. Buyer pays actual shipping cost

8. All books are sent in a box, orders in excess of $200 will include signature confirmation.

9. USPS provides tracking and $50 of insurance for free, additional insurance is available at the option and expense of the buyer (cost is offset by free signature confirmation USPS includes with the service).

10. I am always happy to combine shipping with books from other threads, ebay, or Comic Connect (please understand that my Comic Connect consignments are in NY City and it may take additional itime for me to obtain the books if you prefer to buy them from me directly.

11. If you are unhappy with the scans or have any questions about the book, I would prefer that you ask questions before you buy the book instead of making any assumptions we will both regret later. When in doubt send a PM.

12. Returns not accepted on CGC graded books

F8PAY.gifkick-ass-2-hit-girl-kills-black-death-o.gif

Rules :rulez: :banana::banana::banana::news: :banana::banana::banana:email.gifPM

Navigating this thread

Hyperlinks

Nightcrawler_Teleporting_by_fredlc.jpgEach time you see an image of Nightcrawler there will be links below him that will allow you to jump from one section of the thread to another.

magik___philippine_x_men_team_by_micheljosephfris-d4ogv08.png In the index of Comics available there be images of Magik. Clicking on Magik will allow you to jump the the post with listings and scans for the books listed just above Magik on the Index

The thread is organized in the following format:

Post 1 - Welcome to the Dr. Chaos Modern Sales Thread

Post 2 - Scores and Highlights

Post 3 - Rules

Post 4 - Other Information, News Notes, etc. images-2.jpeg

Post 5 - Index

To be determined - Individual listings with pictures

The index page post has all books listed. Listings and pictures are added each post will include pictures of 10 unique books.

Travel Plans / Conventions / etc.

I can bring your purchase to you (cash purchase only).

1. Sunday August 23rd – Wayne Comic Show (Pug)

2. Friday September 25th – Sunday September 27th – Baltimore Comic Con – have not bought tickets but have tentative plans to attend

I will post an update here when / if I buy tickets. If I am going I can bring your purchase to you (cash purchase only).

3. Thurday October 8th – Sunday October 11th – New York Comic Con – I have arranged to get a vendor pass and will attend

I can bring your purchase to you (cash purchase only).

Combined Shipping

For your convenience I will combine shipping on books listed here, on Comic Connect, or on ebay (or anywhere else) if you buy the books from me on this site via PM or by e-mail. If you offer to buy them by PM you do run the risk that they will be purchased on the other site before I can take the listing down. If you go to the Comic Connect or ebay website and buy the books there the books will be shipped on the terms listed on that website (it is out of my hands at that point).

Please note that all of the books I have listed with Comic Connect are at their office in New York City. If you need the book in a hurry, please buy the book from Comic Connnect. Buying the book from me directly will save you money on the shipping but it will take longer for me to ship an order that contains a consigned book as I will have to arrange to make a trip to their offices to pick it up before I can send it out.

Unless otherwise agreed, buyer will pay the exact shipping cost for all books purchased from me via PM or :takeit:. The shipping cost includes priority mail shipping charges, any extra services charged by the post office (signature confirmation, insurance, etc.), and the Paypal fees for the shipping portion of your order (unless you pay by check or money order).

If we meet in person, there is no charge for delivery. Unless we are both going to meet at a comic show I am planning to attend, do not assume I can deliver your book unless we agree via PM. Otherwise, the sooner I have your zip code the sooner I can give you an exact total with shipping.

To help you get an idea of what it costs to ship books to your location I have included some additional information, just click the spoiler tag below to open it:

Post office website

I am providing limited information, this website has all possible information.

USPS Website

Estimated weight of fully packed box with slabs:

1 slab - 1 pound 15 ounces

2 slabs - 2 pounds 15 ounces

4 slabs - will fit comfortably in a medium flat rate box

I will add to this section when as I ship different quantities out

If I am shipping in a medium flat rate box I will double box the shipment (packing one box inside another for extra protection). Otherwise I feel that I can pack the books securely without double boxing. On request I can double box your shipment but please note that it will probably add close to a pound and cost you more money.

Estimated cost to ship to different areas of the country

This will give you enough info to make a rough guess about the cost to ship your books. If you give me your zip code I will provide the exact amount.

Please note that most shipments will be charged by weight and distance. Rates ratchet up at one pound increments so the ounces do not matter as long as it does not go over the next pound (1 pound costs the same as 1 pound 15 ounces). In some cases a medium (or large) flat rate box may be used to save money as weight is not factored in.

1 pound 15 ounces (from Hackensack, NJ) - One slab

$5.32 - New York, NY10001

$7.55 - Orlando, FL 32801

$7.55 - Chicago, IL 60290

$8.26 - Dallas, TX 75205

$9.97 - Los Angeles, CA 90001

2 pounds 15 counces (from Hackensack, NJ) - Two slabs

$5.49 - New York, NY 10001

$9.11 - Orlando, FL 32801

$9.11 - Chicago, IL 60290

$10.72 Dallas, TX 75205

$13.52 Los Angeles, CA 90001 - Use medium flat rate $11.30

5 pounds 15 ounces (from Hackensack, NJ) - Maybe five slabs

$6.95 - New York, NY 10001

$12.11 - Orlando, FL 32801 - Use medium flat rate $11.30 (if less four or less books)

$12.11 - Chicago, IL 60290 - Use medium flat rate $11.30 (if less four or less books)

$17.08 Dallas, TX 75205 - Use medium flat rate $11.30 (if less four or less books)

$21.61 Los Angeles, CA 90001 - Use medium flat rate $11.30 (if less four or less books)

Medium Flat Rate Box - Four slabs

$11.30- New York, NY 10001 - Use regular priority mail box

$11.30 - Orlando, FL 32801

$11.30 - Chicago, IL 60290

$11.30 Dallas, TX 75205

$11.30 Los Angeles, CA 90001

Additional Services:

Free Tracking on all priority mail shipments regardless or amount

$2.45 Signature Confirmation - Required for orders over $200.00 otherwise available at buyer's option

$5.50 Adult signature confirmation - Same as signature confirmation but a signature from anyone under 18 is not acceptable (not sure wh this is worth $3.00 extra)

$2.75 and up Insurance (see below for more information)

Insurance

Postal insurance would reimburse the sender in the event that the contents of the package are damaged by the US Postal Service in transit from Hackensack, NJ to your location. In the near future I plan to purchase collector's insurance which would make postal insurance unnecessary but as of today I do not have additional coverage from any other party.

Please note that any package insured for $200.00 or more requires a signature. There is no reason to pay for signature confirmation if you are paying to insure a shipment for $200.00 or more.

Cost of Insurance / Amount of Coverage

Free / $50 (signature confirmation not included)

$2.75 / $100 (signature confirmation not included)

$3.50 / $150 (signature confirmation not included)

$3.50 / $200

$4.60 / $300

$5.80 / $400

$7.00 / $500

$9.45 / $600

$10.75 / $700

$12.05 / $800

$13.35 / $900

$14.65 / $1,000

Paypal Fees

If you are paying by Paypal, add the shipping fees plus and extra services and divide the total by 0.97 to calculate the shipping total. If paying by check or money order their is no need to do the additional math.

Index of Comics available

$ 94.00 Marvel - Avengers (vol 1) 49 VF+ White pages (CGC Blue Label)

$ 84.00 Marvel - Avengers (vol 1) 52 VF Off-white / White pages (CGC Blue Label)

$ 74.00 DC - Green Lantern 80 F Off-white / White pages Signed by Neal Adams (CGC SS Yellow Label)

$ 84.00 DC - Hawkman 1 G- Cream / Off-white pages (CGC Blue Label)

$119.00 DC - House of Secrets 89 VF+ White pages (CGC Blue Label)

$114.00 DC - House of Secrets 94 VG/F Off-white/White pages Signed by Bernie Wrigtson (CGC Blue Label)

(Please note that the book is in F+ condition and that CGC gave the book a blue label, not green and punished the book for the un-witnessed signature. If you call CGC, they will confirm that this is part of their grading methodology.)

magik___philippine_x_men_team_by_micheljosephfris-d4ogv08.png Hyperlink for listings 1 - 7

$ 84.00 DC - Joker 3 NM- White pages (CGC Blue Label)

$ 74.00 Marvel - Man-Thing (vol 2) 1 NM+ White pages (CGC Blue Label)

$ 74.00 Marvel - Nick Fury Agent of Shield 6 VF- OW/White pages (CGC Blue Label)

$ 74.00 Marvel - Son of Satan 1 NM White pages (CGC Blue Label)

$ 84.00 Marvel - Special Marvel Edition 15 F Off-white pages (CGC Blue Label)

$ 54.00 Marvel - Spectacular Spider-man 4 NM+ White pages (CGC Blue Label)

$ 94.00 DC - Superman's Girlfriend Lois Lane 136 NM White pages (CGC Blue Label)

$124.00 Marvel - Thor 146 VF White pages (CGC Blue Label)

$134.00 Marvel - Thor 169 VFNM Off-white / White pages (CGC Blue Label)

$ 74.00 Marvel - Tales of Suspense 97 VF White pages (CGC Blue Label)

magik___philippine_x_men_team_by_micheljosephfris-d4ogv08.png Hyperlink for listings 8 - 17

COMIC BOOK LISTINGS

Marvel

Avengers (vol 1) 49

VF+ White pages (CGC Blue Label)

$ 94.00

SPoXJib.jpg

7PUniHq.jpg

Marvel

Avengers (vol 1) 52

VF Off-white / White pages (CGC Blue Label)

$ 94.00

EZY0zr6.jpg

Joc6tyF.jpg

DC

Green Lantern 80

F Off-white / White pages Signed by Neal Adams (CGC SS Yellow Label)

$ 74.00

Z5LRwnK.jpg

7lL9fw5.jpg

DC

Hawkman 1

G- Cream / Off-white pages (CGC Blue Label)

$ 84.00

WwLILzZ.jpg

nExFQRg.jpg

DC

House of Secrets 89

VF+ White pages (CGC Blue Label)

$119.00

dXoD70i.jpg

6aUwqeD.jpg

DC

House of Secrets 94

Signed by Bernie Wrigtson

VG/F Off-white/White pages (CGC Blue Label)

(Please note that the book is in F+ condition and that CGC gave the book a blue label, not green and punished the book for the un-witnessed signature. If you call CGC, they will confirm that this is part of their grading methodology.)

$114.00

nJObAqa.jpg

RQLTKau.jpg

Congratulations on the least appealing and most confusing sales thread ever.

And as far as I can tell, your links are to moderns, not GSB. (shrug)

Thread is under construction - links will be fixed shortly.

Just an FYI that might help you.

There's a test area that can be used to construct sales threads.

Then it's just a simple matter of copy/paste when they're done.

DC

Joker 3

NM- White pages (CGC Blue Label)

$ 84.00 DC

HG7KQFu.jpg

UnJvQde.jpg

Marvel

Man-Thing (vol 2) 1

NM+ White pages (CGC Blue Label)

$ 74.00

mF2rkmR.jpg

TjXZ6j6.jpg

Marvel

Nick Fury Agent of Shield 6

VF- OW/White pages (CGC Blue Label)

$ 74.00

jDooPTI.jpg

ajigz2Q.jpg

Marvel

Son of Satan 1

NM White pages (CGC Blue Label)

$ 74.00

Cijp0aU.jpg

zFY7UAK.jpg

Marvel

Special Marvel Edition 15

F Off-white pages (CGC Blue Label)

$ 84.00

ZkaB9Om.jpg

dP5WXi4.jpg

Marvel

Spectacular Spider-man 4

NM+ White pages (CGC Blue Label)

$ 54.00

7YBlkIx.jpg

zFY7UAK.jpg

DC

Superman's Girlfriend Lois Lane 136

NM White pages (CGC Blue Label)

$ 94.00

HbGsyUo.jpg

E75QhR1.jpg

Marvel

Thor 146

VF White pages (CGC Blue Label)

$124.00

PBD5aRE.jpg

ZTqmHfV.jpg

Marvel

Thor 169

VFNM Off-white / White pages (CGC Blue Label)

$134.00

MmQThhz.jpg

krVzYmZ.jpg

Marvel

Tales of Suspense 97

VF White pages (CGC Blue Label)

$ 74.00

dPM6x19.jpg

eZQJvL5.jpg

Hyperlinks will not go to the right place until the thread post has been created. Until then the post number is unknown.

It is a bit Chaotic.

I dunno. Give him a chance, it might get some traction.

It's nice someone puts effort into these things, mixing things up instead of the same old usual.

Hyperlinks will not go to the right place until the thread post has been created. Until then the post number is unknown.

They will if your entire sales thread is created first before posting it here in the sales area.

I'm not trying to tell you what to do, just giving you some options. :)

You have lots of books and have invested a lot of time into the construction of a sales thread. One thing to consider, is what would happen if your thread was deleted for some reason. For example, if someone reported your thread for having CA/MA links while it's under construction in the GA/SA/BA sales area. The test area would still remain as backup. Even better, you could work out all the kinks beforehand.

Anyway, good luck. I hope you sell lots of books.