• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Artists that dont allow CGC at their signings?

37 posts in this topic

Are there artists that dont allow CGC at their signings?

I heard Todd McFarlane is one. Does Claremont allow it? Lee? Who else doesnt?

McFarlane allows it just fine. He works with facilitators and there are plenty of Todd books getting signed.

Claremont and Lee are writers and they sign plenty....PLENTY of books.

McFarlane allows it just fine. He works with facilitators and there are plenty of Todd books getting signed.

Claremont charges $10 for CGC books last time I checked, but won't take the money himself so you'll have to pay CGC before you see him.

Claremont charges $10 for CGC books last time I checked, but won't take the money himself so you'll have to pay CGC before you see him.

No, that's not true - CGC will only take money for Claremont if they're doing a private signing with him.

I think there are an extremely SMALL amount of creators who 'don't allow' for CGC; a growing number of bigger name creators who work it into their appearance schedule and a TON who sign whatever you put in front of them with no questions asked.

The need to 'boycott' someone is hardly worth the thought process... best to just play it by ear and when you get to a show, check with the CGC booth, find out what the persons signing situation is a and go from there. (shrug)

That was the deal with him at New York special edition.

Tony Moore also charges $10 for CGC books (other sigs are $5 or free, I forget which).

Kirkman doesn't allow CGC at his public signings - but he has no problem doing CGC books at private signings (similar to McFarlane).

I think it was the last (or two years ago) NYCC that you needed a "ticket" to get on line for a Kirkman signature. CGC was on the line and some of the folks from the their booth were carrying loads of books to sign and others were witnessing the signatures. I didn't get him then but submitted my books to Desert Wind and they took care of it for me.

Machuzellli I think

David Mazzucchelli is definitely one who, in the past, when he actually has done a show, has made it clear he doesn't want to be involved in the program.

I have one of the handful of SS books he's done. :grin:

Which is unfortunate, because he doesn't understand what the program really is, and thinks (like many people think of CGC in general) that "CGC SS is just for dirty flippers!" And a good deal of that has to do with us SS folks, who should have been ambassadors for the program, explaining what it was really about, instead of remaining quite about it over the years.

Not saying everyone, and not saying all the time....but if people understand the end result, they're not going to turn down fans because of the particular method of collecting comics the might have. That's like turning people down for putting their books in picture frames, or hard shells, or even bags and boards. The slab is just a fancy authentication device. If some people use them to make money, that doesn't mean everyone does.

Machuzellli I think

David Mazzucchelli is definitely one who, in the past, when he actually has done a show, has made it clear he doesn't want to be involved in the program.

I have one of the handful of SS books he's done. :grin:

I might have sold it to you

If you want CGC SS series, never, ever get your book signed without a CGC authorized witness or employee or else you'll wind up with a green Qualified label.

In case you didn't know, there's an entire forum dedicated to SS here. And within that forum is a subforum for Sig Series Events and Annoucements.