• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What was the issue that made you stop reading a series

72 posts in this topic

That cover makes no sense. Even with the correct coloring we have to believe his claws, which can slice through solid steel, wouldn't slice through dude's shirt with his entire weight pulling down on it.

For me it was probably Secret Wars II. All the crossovers into every other Marvel title. I was picking up those other titles I didn't normally read just to put the whole lousy story together. I was already wavering being a comic reader at that point in my life (high school), and that series sent me over the edge. I think I took a 15 year break from comics after that.

Recent memory. I hate read Grant Morrison's New 52 Action Comics run. Haven't picked up a Superman book since. Most of what Marvel has done with their heroes has been upsetting. However what they've done to my beloved X-Men has been appalling. Well, as appalling as ruining a comic book character(s) can be.

I don't recall any issue that caused me drifting away from buying the comic books. However, I have the easy answer for this thread. After McFarlane's last ASM issue, I started reading his own series, early X-Forces issues and new X-Men series. Lost my interest in them after 1992.

I don't recall any issue that caused me drifting away from buying the comic books. However, I have the easy answer for this thread. After McFarlane's last ASM issue, I started reading his own series, early X-Forces issues and new X-Men series. Lost my interest in them after 1992.

After reading Spider-Man #1 I lost my interest immediately – and I used to love Michelinie/McFarlane Spider-Man.

That’s where lots of the downhill (at least in quality) seriously began.

After reading Spider-Man #1 I lost my interest immediately – and I used to love Michelinie/McFarlane Spider-Man.

I remembered it vividly! Spider-man #2 was my last one.

I remembered it vividly! Spider-man #2 was my last one.

I don’t even think I bought #1. I read it as we bought various copies for subscriptions (we were a club) and some of our friends ordered it, but after X-Men #1, Spider-Man #1 and X-Force… :sick:

Not to mention they entirely trashed/ruined the New Mutants, which up to two years earlier was one of their best ongoing works.

I quit buying McFarlane Spider-Man with the first issue as well. I found it unreadable. Michelinie was a much better writer.

I quit buying McFarlane Spider-Man with the first issue as well. I found it unreadable. Michelinie was a much better writer.

Well, very simply put, McFarlane wasn’t a writer at all, but insisted in doing the writing regardless. :shrug: