• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Unanswered Movie Questions

51 posts in this topic

If the Skull Island natives built this gigantic wall just to keep Kong out, why did they include a doorway big enough for Kong to fit through? Why not just build a regular human-size doorway if they felt they needed to get from one side to the other?

What happened to the other Marty McFly?

Marty McFly Jr.?

Marty Sr. and Doc fixed things so that Jr. would not be going to prison.

No, the Marty McFly in the second timeline, the one the that grew up with "cool" parents. He would be a completely different person than the one we see through most of the movie. The second Marty McFly doesn't show up in 1955, nor does he come back to 1985 (unless he goes somewhere else and we just never see him.)

If the Skull Island natives built this gigantic wall just to keep Kong out, why did they include a doorway big enough for Kong to fit through? Why not just build a regular human-size doorway if they felt they needed to get from one side to the other?

When they built the wall they were dealing with "loose Kong" so upon completion they didn't know what side he'd be on.

Your welcome. :insane:

Marty McFly Jr.?

No, the Marty McFly in the second timeline, the one the that grew up with "cool" parents. He would be a completely different person than the one we see through most of the movie. The second Marty McFly doesn't show up in 1955, nor does he come back to 1985 (unless he goes somewhere else and we just never see him.)

Yep and there would also be a 3rd Marty McFly and a fourth etc each reacting a bit differently and changing things. Eventually one of them would even be an a hole that Doc Brown wouldn't hang around then he'd be stuck in that time loop.

What was up with the end of "Maggie"?

She starts to walk away from Arnie, he opens his eyes and doesnt see her? Then she's on the roof (1-2 stories up) and jumping off is supposed to kill her? If she doesnt splatter her head open she just becomes a full zombie (which she wasnt?) and if she was dead and not splattered shes still kicking anyway

Well I don't have to watch this one now lol

Ok i got one. Back to the Future III, when Marty goes back to the old West. If there was a camera on the DeLorean doc buried in the mine for marty to find, what would happen to it? I mean, Marty showed up a couple days after doc buried it. Why not take the parts you need from that one?

Ok i got one. Back to the Future III, when Marty goes back to the old West. If there was a camera on the DeLorean doc buried in the mine for Marty to find, what would happen to it? I mean, Marty showed up a couple days after doc buried it. Why not take the parts you need from that one?

They didn't need parts, they needed gasoline. And Doc would have already drained it from the DeLorean before burying it.

Marty McFly Jr.?

For the answer... let's consult 1986...

http://davidboop.com/tomm.htm

Yeah, I've seen that theory. I don't think it's right, because it means the second timeline would have been destroyed the moment the second marty goes back in time. But, it wasn't destroyed. We see plenty of stuff happen in the second timeline after Marty 2 goes back in time.

In fact, that theory says that the universe gets stuck in an infinite loop - Marty 1 goes back in time, destroys the first timeline and creates the second; then, Marty 2 goes back in time, destroys the second timeline and recreates the first; then, marty 1 goes back in time, destroys the first timeline (again) and recreates the second (again); and so on, forever. Time could never advance beyond the moment Marty goes back in time. That's precisely the sort of paradox the Doc warned about creating.