• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Unanswered Movie Questions

51 posts in this topic

Yeah, I've seen that theory. I don't think it's right, because it means the second timeline would have been destroyed the moment the second marty goes back in time. But, it wasn't destroyed. We see plenty of stuff happen in the second timeline after Marty 2 goes back in time.

In fact, that theory says that the universe gets stuck in an infinite loop - Marty 1 goes back in time, destroys the first timeline and creates the second; then, Marty 2 goes back in time, destroys the second timeline and recreates the first; then, marty 1 goes back in time, destroys the first timeline (again) and recreates the second (again); and so on, forever. Time could never advance beyond the moment Marty goes back in time. That's precisely the sort of paradox the Doc warned about creating.

When did they destroy that timeline and become Rick and Morty? (shrug):banana:

Yeah, I've seen that theory. I don't think it's right, because it means the second timeline would have been destroyed the moment the second marty goes back in time. But, it wasn't destroyed. We see plenty of stuff happen in the second timeline after Marty 2 goes back in time.

In fact, that theory says that the universe gets stuck in an infinite loop - Marty 1 goes back in time, destroys the first timeline and creates the second; then, Marty 2 goes back in time, destroys the second timeline and recreates the first; then, marty 1 goes back in time, destroys the first timeline (again) and recreates the second (again); and so on, forever. Time could never advance beyond the moment Marty goes back in time. That's precisely the sort of paradox the Doc warned about creating.

:applause: have you seen the R&M Back to the future crossover art floating around? It's genius.

:applause: have you seen the R&M Back to the future crossover art floating around? It's genius.

No I haven't! Link? :o

No I haven't! Link? :o

Here you go.

https://www.google.com/webhp?hl=en#hl=en&q=rick+and+morty+back+to+the+future

What happened to the other Marty McFly?

Marty McFly Jr.?

Marty Sr. and Doc fixed things so that Jr. would not be going to prison.

No, the Marty McFly in the second timeline, the one the that grew up with "cool" parents. He would be a completely different person than the one we see through most of the movie. The second Marty McFly doesn't show up in 1955, nor does he come back to 1985 (unless he goes somewhere else and we just never see him.)

Yep and there would also be a 3rd Marty McFly and a fourth etc each reacting a bit differently and changing things. Eventually one of them would even be an a hole that Doc Brown wouldn't hang around then he'd be stuck in that time loop.

the timelines all collapsed on each other when Marty prime made it home. Since he originated the events the timelines coalesced upon him

What happened to Kurt Russell and Kieth David at the end of "The Thing"?

Dark Horse put out two sequel series to it back in the early 90's. But yes I would love a cinematic sequel.

What happened to Kurt Russell and Kieth David at the end of "The Thing"?

I thought it was a perfect ending. Some endings don't need to wrap everything up in a tidy bow.

True, but I think it was implied that they were just going to sit there and freeze knowing if the thing ever made it to a populated area it would infect the whole planet. Even if one of them was the thing it would also want to freeze till someone else found it again.

While we are talking John Carpenter, The Prince of Darkness had some unanswered questions with those creepy, static messages from the future from the guy's girlfriend after she was trapped in the mirror. Was the devil trying to make another escape or were the future people trying to warn the people in the past?

No matter what they did all it would take is a microscopic piece of the critter to touch someone and this would inevitably happen-the human race was doomed from the start.

The Black Hole. Pretty much the entire ending asks too many questions that are left unanswered.

I love this answer. The Black Hole was a movie that I was just (shrug) on when I first saw it but has really grown on me in subsequent viewings. There is so much potential in that movie. I would love for Disney to do a remake and expand on the story.

How the heck does Pinochio get turned into a donkey-headed boy when he is still made of wood??? (shrug)

He's a deadly robot. Pinocchio doesn't mess around.

That is one of the weakest of these types of trailers I've seen. Here is a good one (and an old one) that I think is much better: