• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which movies do you wish didn't have a sequel/prequel?

35 posts in this topic

Are we only counting movies where the sequel got theater release? Because there's about a billion direct-to-DVD sequels that are entirely unrelated to the originals that are out there that can go on this list.

Matrix Reloaded and Matrix Revolutions.

^^

I bought the Matrix Ultimate DVD set. I wish I hadn't, because after seeing the second and third movie, I was very let down.

But the animated collection (The Animatrix) of nine short films associated with The Matrix was well worth watching.

The question doesn't really make sense. You wish that Grease 2 didn't have a sequal/prequal? If so it means you wish Grease was never made.

No. The thread title itself is my question, and my post is a separate list of movies that should not be. Related to the thread title, but a wholly separate issue.

- Ghostbusters

- Donnie Darko

- Robocop

- Blues Brothers

I dunno Ghostbusters II holds up in places on a big TV screen (the NY jokes are still a hoot) and I liked the fact that they cast the actual sister of Donnie's in s.Darko, not to mention the twist in the middle.

Gotta add off the top of my head...

Jaws

Speed

The Crow

The Mask

RoboCop (#2's not awful)

Ghost Rider

Halloween

The Fugitive

Carrie

The Karate Kid

Crocodile Dundee

Friday

The Mummy

Amber Alert

Fright Night

Get Shorty

Lake Placid

Straight to DVD

Ginger Snaps

Freeway

The Descent (#2's not too bad)

Into The Blue

^^

I bought the Matrix Ultimate DVD set. I wish I hadn't, because after seeing the second and third movie, I was very let down.

But the animated collection (The Animatrix) of nine short films associated with The Matrix was well worth watching.

Yup. I remember being excited when they were first released and crushed on how by-the-numbers and fake-looking they were. The car chase scene in Reloaded was so safe looking (compared to the one in A Good Day To Die Hard), it felt tacked on to a cyber-punk movie. Neo in the action scenes looked to CG. At least the final battle with him and Smith was breath-taking, but despite the nifty cliff-hanger, this all could have been one movie. Reloaded two and a half stars out of four. Revolutions two stars out of four.

^^

Yup. I remember being excited when they were first released and crushed on how by-the-numbers and fake-looking they were. The car chase scene in Reloaded was so safe looking (compared to the one in A Good Day To Die Hard), it felt tacked on to a cyber-punk movie. Neo in the action scenes looked to CG. At least the final battle with him and Smith was breath-taking, but despite the nifty cliff-hanger, this all could have been one movie. Reloaded two and a half stars out of four. Revolutions two stars out of four.

Matrix 1 was a great movie, and made me buy my first dvd player back in the day, but Matrix 2 and 3 have to be the biggest disappointments as sequels just like the last three Star Wars movies by Lucas were.

^^

Matrix 1 was a great movie, and made me buy my first dvd player back in the day, but Matrix 2 and 3 have to be the biggest disappointments as sequels just like the last three Star Wars movies by Lucas were.

I liked ROTS. :baiting:

^^

I liked ROTS. :baiting:

OK. I`ll give you that one. It did have a great ending.

(thumbs u

^^

lol

Same here. A friend talked me into buying it on DVD, and then I was forced to by a DVD player.