• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Looking for suggestions for Comic Store name.

101 posts in this topic

The Incoherent Collector

Shad's House of Mystery

Comic Spa and Lounge (use the word "spa" in there to trick the lady folk and before they know it you will sell them a copy of Strangers in Paradise or something and "Lounge" to trick random alcoholics into coming in and then sell them a Deadpool beer stein)

The Sequential Artist (trick artsy types and OCD types into coming in)

It seems nowadays, at least in an expensive area, the only way to stay in business is to own the building. I was at one of those old timey places around here and the owner (who is old) kvetches about the state of the business all the time, but she owns the building and has nothing else to do with her time, so the $100 or whatever a day she nets from the operation is more than she would rent the place out for and she doesn't need to deal with one more potential deadbeat tenant. plus, she only does a cash business, so it's really like making $150 a day after expenses. from the look of it she doesn't need to run the shop given she has apartments in the building she rents plus 2 other commercial tenants, so it's basically a hobby (she has no interest in the product she sells, she just knows, sort of, what it's worth). not bad for someone who came over here 35 years ago from Russia without 2 nickels to scrape together.

Capitol Collector's Comic Consortium and Tacos

Dude, that's brilliant. A comic shop that sold tacos. :cloud9:

it has better be a store full of 25 cent boxes with all that taco juice flying around.

i think i will make tacos tonight, it has been a while!

I see a lot of these mixed use stores in my neighborhood. There is a guitar repair shop/guitar shop that doubles as a bar. Honestly, I don't know if they make money on the guitar stuff.

There is a bar (they serve some food too) that has a flower shop in the front. The flower shop does o.k. and it is a way for them to make money during daylight hours.

There is a bodega that looks like it serves as a rooming house for illegals at night when they're closed. Oh wait a minute, I just described all the bodegas around here....

Usually you need booze mixed in to make it work, and a neighborhood with a lot of hipsters who like to drink. Or illegal aliens who need a floor to sleep on.