• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Looking for suggestions for Comic Store name.

101 posts in this topic

In L.A. the best comic shop names are ones that don't scream "comic book store", Meltdown, Blastoff, House of Secrets. There is a hipster comic store in Silver lake called Secret Headquarters which isn't bad, and Highland Park has a comic shop just called Thank You, which I'm not so sure about, but at least it's original.

Excelsior! would be an interesting choice. My instinct would be to go with something that doesn't sound like every other generic comic shop.

Capitol Collector's Comic Consortium and Tacos

Dude, that's brilliant. A comic shop that sold tacos. :cloud9:

it has better be a store full of 25 cent boxes with all that taco juice flying around.

i think i will make tacos tonight, it has been a while!

I see a lot of these mixed use stores in my neighborhood. There is a guitar repair shop/guitar shop that doubles as a bar. Honestly, I don't know if they make money on the guitar stuff.

There is a bar (they serve some food too) that has a flower shop in the front. The flower shop does o.k. and it is a way for them to make money during daylight hours.

There is a bodega that looks like it serves as a rooming house for illegals at night when they're closed. Oh wait a minute, I just described all the bodegas around here....

Usually you need booze mixed in to make it work, and a neighborhood with a lot of hipsters who like to drink. Or illegal aliens who need a floor to sleep on.

Years ago I was taken to a nightclub in Dallas that was in the back of a laundromat, called the Bar of Soap. I didn't much care for the band, but the name of the place was great.