• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Suspense 3 going apespoon?

9 posts in this topic

Since that suspense 3 sold for 173k, seems interest in that very low grade suspense 3 on clink has gone nutz. It's already at $2900 with 11 days left in the auction. Yet, back in February, this copy only went to $1000 and didn't meet reserve:

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=598019

(Edit: I guess I should point out that the two copies I mention above are not the same copy but are in similar condition.)

Looks like the HA sale is affecting all copies in different grades to a certain extent. Or maybe it is just auction fever.
I think it's both. Some say high grade sales don't impact low grade sales. I think it does with a Suspense 3. The book has an interesting niche in the hobby. If you are a Schomburg freak, you love it. If not, you may still chase it. :)

Looks like the HA sale is affecting all copies in different grades to a certain extent. Or maybe it is just auction fever.
I think it's both. Some say high grade sales don't impact low grade sales. I think it does with a Suspense 3. The book has an interesting niche in the hobby. If you are a Schomburg freak, you love it. If not, you may still chase it. :)

Some people seek absolute guidelines in valuations but it can't be absolute when the total number of existing copies varies so greatly, along with the ratio of high grade to low. 50 existing copies with one or two above VF is just not the same as 50K existing copies with most of them in high grade.