• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Notes for my Hulk 1 CGC 4.5 (I have a question about 1 of the notes)?

6 posts in this topic

One of the notes for my Hulk 1 is:

''Center Spine Stain''

What does that mean do they mean just a regular stain or could it mean a rust stain?

My guess is that since it is in the center it has nothing to do with the staple (s) causing a rust stain (s).

Would CGC have written rust if that was the case?

Sorry if this sounds like a ''stupid'' question G.A.tor (member here) told me to buy the notes for my books to make sure all is OK so everything seems to be just fine except I do not understand the above note I mentioned for my Hulk 1 CGC 4.5.

And when they say '''Center Spine Stain'' do they mean inside the comic or outside the comic book?

I guess G.A.tor is correct in the future better be safe than sorry and buy the notes before buying the book (so far I got lucky all seems fine for all my key SA books).

I wouldn't know for sure without looking at the book, but I can't imagine "center spine stain" would have anything to do with rusty staples simply due to location of the staples. My guess is that there is simply some kind of staining across the middle spine of the book. I'd think it would be on the outside, but I guess I can't be sure. Do you have the book in your possession? If so, can you give it the eye ball test (maybe even gently part the case in that section to get a better look at the spine)? If it's not visible, it could either be inside staining or just so minor that it's not worth worrying about.

One of the notes for my Hulk 1 is:

''Center Spine Stain''

What does that mean do they mean just a regular stain or could it mean a rust stain?

My guess is that since it is in the center it has nothing to do with the staple (s) causing a rust stain (s).

Would CGC have written rust if that was the case?

Sorry if this sounds like a ''stupid'' question G.A.tor (member here) told me to buy the notes for my books to make sure all is OK so everything seems to be just fine except I do not understand the above note I mentioned for my Hulk 1 CGC 4.5.

And when they say '''Center Spine Stain'' do they mean inside the comic or outside the comic book?

I guess G.A.tor is correct in the future better be safe than sorry and buy the notes before buying the book (so far I got lucky all seems fine for all my key SA books).

If it was a rust stain, I think they would have indicated that. It would be unusual for there to be rust stain in the center of the spine if there wasn't also rust at the staples.