• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GODZILLA (Shin Gojira) from TOHO (2016)
1 1

63 posts in this topic

Is it supposed to look terrible?

I was worried about that myself. Either they are purposely trying to remind people of the times there was an actor in a rubber suit, or they had a low budget.

I hope the movie is better than the last one. It's always nice to have more Godzilla in a Godzilla movie.

(:

Is it supposed to look terrible?

I was worried about that myself. Either they are purposely trying to remind people of the times there was an actor in a rubber suit, or they had a low budget.

I hope the movie is better than the last one. It's always nice to have more Godzilla in a Godzilla movie.

(:

the move is a bit of both is still a guy in a suit but some scenes would use CGI plus Japan has better understanding then we do on making low budget CGI look really good. i think could be getting a better trailer next month or in a couple of weeks that would help us understand why he looks like that.

First off, keep in mind this is going to be directed by the legendary Hideaki Anno. That means either you will be having an enjoyable fun time OR crying to yourself in existential horror about the nature of the universe :)

As for WHY Godzilla looks that way:

This is the ORIGINAL Godzilla, which wasn't killed by the oxygen destroyer, but rather horribly mangled and scarred and has spent half a century regenerating on the ocean floor. (remember pretty much all the godzilla movies ignored previous movies: Showa films are one canon, Heisei movies are another separate Godzilla, Millennium and the American movies are all self-contained - except for the Mothra movie which is considered canon)

Also, the scarring is comparable to that of nuclear fallout/radiation burns. His flesh is disfigured and raw, arms are nothing but bones and sinew yet to fully regenerate, his tail is fused with ocean floor and other bones and overall he is in tremendous pain from the assault he took.

I think it, if this is true, is a VERY cool idea.

Edited by Sauce Dog

First off, keep in mind this is going to be directed by the legendary Hideaki Anno. That means either you will be having an enjoyable fun time OR crying to yourself in existential horror about the nature of the universe :)

As for WHY Godzilla looks that way:

This is the ORIGINAL Godzilla, which wasn't killed by the oxygen destroyer, but rather horribly mangled and scarred and has spent half a century regenerating on the ocean floor. (remember pretty much all the godzilla movies ignored previous movies: Showa films are one canon, Heisei movies are another separate Godzilla, Millennium and the American movies are all self-contained - except for the Mothra movie which is considered canon)

Also, the scarring is comparable to that of nuclear fallout/radiation burns. His flesh is disfigured and raw, arms are nothing but bones and sinew yet to fully regenerate, his tail is fused with ocean floor and other bones and overall he is in tremendous pain from the assault he took.

I think it, if this is true, is a VERY cool idea.

I am looking forward for this. (thumbs u

GODZILLA!!!

A video of a marine iguana has captured the attention of the masses online for it’s uncanny resemblance to the iconic monster known as Godzilla.

Steve Winkworth captured video of a marine iguana diving to the rocky depths of the ocean off the Galapagos Islands and posted it on YouTube.

While the reptile may look like Godzilla, it's actually a marine iguana, which are the only iguanas in the world that live on land, but forage for food in the ocean off the coast of the Galapagos Islands.

:fear:

They could also be leaving a showing of Fantastic Four.

lol

I think that would have looked more like them carrying comatose bodies out on stretchers from falling asleep.

First Look Inside Upcoming “Art of Godzilla Resurgence” Offers First Real Look At SHIN-GOJIRA Concept Art

Earlier today, a fan via our Skreeonk Facebook Page alerted us to this magnificent first-look inside the upcoming “Art of” book. What we’re looking at here is a set of initial concepts by acclaimed artist Mahiro Maeda (前田 真宏 Maeda Mahiro) of Japanese animation fame. Maeda has recently worked as a concept artist on not only Shin-Gojira, but Mad Max: Fury Road as well. He is a a Studio Ghibli alum, and even created the animated sequence for the original Kill Bill film in 2004. Needless to say, we’re excited to see the culmination of his talents & what he brought to the Shin-Gojira production. Judging by this first-look, we’re quite eager to see more.

SHIN-GOJIRA is receiving the full art-book treatment in the form of this 432 page must-have volume. The in-depth look at Toho’s revival is in full color and set for release on August 10th of 2016. The initial price tag is set at ¥9800 (without tax), which currently amounts to right under $92 USD.

13418910_10154244714443185_5387908562763566374_n.jpg

TOHO Releases First Official Hi-Res Photos From GODZILLA RESURGENCE & Confirms No Connection to 1954 Film

Unlike all other films that have come before it in the franchise, Resurgence will not be a sequel to any previous Godzilla film – not even the 1954 classic. While word-of-mouth and scoops had led the online community to believe this may be the case, Toho has confirmed with SciFiJapan that this is not so. It may have been very interesting to see the ‘resurgence’ of Shodaigoji, but we’ve seen that before – albeit in very abstract ways. Now we can prepare ourselves for something completely fresh and new. “Fresh, different, and new” may not be at all what some fans were hoping for, but let’s face it: If there’s one thing the Godzilla franchise has always consistently been – it’s inconsistent.

ykDAGvh.png

That first photo tail is way too big compared to how large Godzilla is displayed.

That has been the general response across a few of the reporting sites so far. And that is a shame, since TOHO had said it wanted to make sure this movie made up for the American movie.

Unless they meant to make the American Godzilla look better - not worse.

hm