• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GODZILLA (Shin Gojira) from TOHO (2016)
1 1

63 posts in this topic

Shin Godzilla To Reportedly Get Theatrical Release In The U.S. In October

Funimation is reportedly seeking a North American theatrical release for Shin Godzilla (Godzilla: Resurgence) in October.

Astounding Beyond Belief published a partial list of planned theaters earlier today. It looks to be a curated list of special screenings, although it also seems too broad to be handled by somebody like Fathom Events, who typically do these sorts of screenings (recently, they hosted theatrical screenings of DC's Batman: The Killing Joke as well as Kevin Smith's Yoga Hosers).

Scified later cited insider sources and indicated a much wider release than Astounding Beyond Belief's list. Both agree that Funimation will make an announcement late next week about their planned release of Toho's latest Godzilla film, the company's first since 2004's Godzilla: Final Wars.

Maybe they could team up with the new Mystery Science Theater 3000 crew, and beat them to the punch?

Funimation is reportedly seeking a North American theatrical release for Shin Godzilla (Godzilla: Resurgence) in October.

Astounding Beyond Belief published a partial list of planned theaters earlier today. It looks to be a curated list of special screenings, although it also seems too broad to be handled by somebody like Fathom Events, who typically do these sorts of screenings (recently, they hosted theatrical screenings of DC's Batman: The Killing Joke as well as Kevin Smith's Yoga Hosers).

Scified later cited insider sources and indicated a much wider release than Astounding Beyond Belief's list. Both agree that Funimation will make an announcement late next week about their planned release of Toho's latest Godzilla film, the company's first since 2004's Godzilla: Final Wars.

Maybe they could team up with the new Mystery Science Theater 3000 crew, and beat them to the punch?

I hope it does find a way into North America theaters since i really want to see it.

I hope it does find a way into North America theaters since i really want to see it.

ditto

ditto

Got my answer pretty quick
The kaiju film, formerly called Godzilla Resurgence (the name was changed at Toho’s request), hits 440 North American theaters on Oct. 11 and will stay through Oct. 18. According to Funimation, it will play in its original Japanese with English subtitles.

New US Trailer and US Theaters and Showtime Details for Shin Godzilla

The ultimate homage to one of the most enduring legends of the big screen—experience the limited showing of Shin Godzilla, October 11-18 (Japanese with English subtitles).

Funimation GODZILLA

Can't Wait

tumblr_nj4ap8D44e1tcer5mo1_1280.jpg

:o

Yeah, I'm a little thrown off by this new design. Especially the massive tail that spans a few city blocks in length. It just doesn't seem to go with that body.

Not that I'm body-shaming.

:insane:

Yeah, I'm a little thrown off by this new design. Especially the massive tail that spans a few city blocks in length. It just doesn't seem to go with that body.

Didn't the original have a similarly-long tail?

Didn't the original have a similarly-long tail?

No. He is much more massive now. Which is probably why he squats when he walks.

unblzdel3vvvdv8tkynk.jpg

this Godzilla has a new origin story to him and at the same time these is the first time Godzilla attacks Japan.

Yes, but Toho has re-booted the series several times with different continuity. The original was the Showa period, from 1954-1975, ending with The Terror of Mecha Godzilla. No other films were made until the Heisei era, from 1985-1995. That run of films ignored all the previous continuity except for the first film from ‘54, IIRC. The Millenium series ran from 1999-2004 again ignored previous continuity except for the first film.

Shin Godzilla Japanese Blu-Ray Release Date Announced

shin-godzilla-header-198080.jpg

Earlier this fall, Shin Godzilla stomped its way into U.S. theaters when Funimation Films aired the international blockbuster stateside. Fans flocked to cinemas to see the Japanese return of Godzilla after a prolonged hiatus, and it may not be too much longer until Western fans see the film hit Blu-ray and DVD. In Japan, a release date for the film’s 4K Ultra HD Blu-ry disc has just been announced.

Next spring, Japanese fans will be able to buy Shin Godzilla in stores. The Blu-ray is set to release on March 22, 2017. If you are a hardcore Godzilla fan, then you might want to resign yourself to paying shipping for the international item. The special edition piece will likely contain lots of behind-the-scenes goodies which will be overlooked in a North American release.

this Godzilla has a new origin story to him and at the same time these is the first time Godzilla attacks Japan.

Yes, but Toho has re-booted the series several times with different continuity. The original was the Showa period, from 1954-1975, ending with The Terror of Mecha Godzilla. No other films were made until the Heisei era, from 1985-1995. That run of films ignored all the previous continuity except for the first film from ‘54, IIRC. The Millenium series ran from 1999-2004 again ignored previous continuity except for the first film.

I am just discovering the Heisei and Millenium eras now. Some real good gems in them.

One that I really like was Godzilla 1985. A very modern update to Godzilla. Think of John Byrne` s Man of Steel update during the mid-1980s.