• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicLink Auction: Thoughts?

231 posts in this topic

Dammit, underbidder on the X-Men 191 cover.

At least I can go to bed now.

Where were you 10 years ago when I sold it? I coulda used a good underbidder. lol

Where were you 10 years ago when I sold it? I coulda used a good underbidder. lol

Geez, $38K for that cover. That's gotta be the highest price on a Romita Jr Xmen cover! :ohnoez:

Didn't this cover just recently sell in another auction?

Geez, $38K for that cover. That's gotta be the highest price on a Romita Jr Xmen cover! :ohnoez:

The cover to X-Men 302 sold recently on HA for just shy of $11K, and featured Colossus prominently. Perhaps that's the cover you're thinking of?

I don't think so. I would have noticed this one. Would have loved to bought it back, but dropped out somewhere between baseline minivan and touring model.

I don't think so. I would have noticed this one. Would have loved to bought it back, but dropped out somewhere between baseline minivan and touring model.

For your sake, I'm glad it wasn't inscribed "To Chris".

Chris, I'm curious, do you know who added the logo over acetate? Because it looks like a pretty poor job (in the published cover, only the letters themselves hid the art).

Given how much the buyer paid, I really hope the acetate can be easily removed as the Clink description claims (and we know at least one potential buyer can do much better work with logos and acetates).

BWS Firestar 4 cover $10,250.

Silvestri Mr. Sinister splash from X-men 239 $4,652.

Ruas Fables 100 cover $9,085 (I'm going to guess that Ruas' rep charged more when it was originally sold, but I could be wrong). And anyone that lucked out on this piece, Ruas is part of 3 person fine art show opening this weekend, which you can check out here .

BWS Firestar 4 cover $10,250.

Silvestri Mr. Sinister splash from X-men 239 $4,652.

Ruas Fables 100 cover $9,085 (I'm going to guess that Ruas' rep charged more when it was originally sold, but I could be wrong). And anyone that lucked out on this piece, Ruas is part of 3 person fine art show opening this weekend, which you can check out here .

Yes, the Firestar closing price was a surprise.

Chris, I'm curious, do you know who added the logo over acetate? Because it looks like a pretty poor job (in the published cover, only the letters themselves hid the art).

Given how much the buyer paid, I really hope the acetate can be easily removed as the Clink description claims (and we know at least one potential buyer can do much better work with logos and acetates).

Don't know who added it, that's how it came to me. So it's been that way for well over a decade.

The acetate is attached by two pieces of archival tape at the top. The entire overlay can be flipped all the way over without any problem. It would come right off in seconds if someone wanted to.

Well, that Wrightson HoM splash went for $12,260 in Dec 2013 at CL, and $9,200 tonight. Not sure what to make of that price drop.

The artist's name starts with "W" in an alpha-ordered auction and buyers had blown their collective loads on Liefeld, Gamill, and Romita Jr. before they ever got to the end of the alphabet?