• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Marvel Premiere #1

18 posts in this topic

Thanks for the input, guys!

9.0 may be a bit high.. look at the back cover shot, and notice the non-spine-side-edge towards the middle. Some small striations on the cover edge there... wouldn't picture a 9.0 having that.

Everyone else notice that?

This book is such a great read... love it. Everything except for that awful drawing of Hulk on the cover. :)

Thanks for the input, guys!

9.0 may be a bit high.. look at the back cover shot, and notice the non-spine-side-edge towards the middle. Some small striations on the cover edge there... wouldn't picture a 9.0 having that.

Everyone else notice that?

This book is such a great read... love it. Everything except for that awful drawing of Hulk on the cover. :)

But look at how wavy Hulk's hair is! How can you not love the green giant looking so dapper! :lol:

I'm in the 8.5 camp as well.

Does anybody besides me see a difference in the blacks just below the O in "reborn"?

Also below Warlock's left foot?

I've looked at it on two different PCs. I don't seem to see that anywhere else on the black parts of the cover. Wondering if my eyes are playing tricks.

Does anybody besides me see a difference in the blacks just below the O in "reborn"?

Also below Warlock's left foot?

I've looked at it on two different PCs. I don't seem to see that anywhere else on the black parts of the cover. Wondering if my eyes are playing tricks.

I had a quick play with levels adjustments on that area to see if any foreign coloration would pop differently from the native colors... the colors in that black seem to mesh with other areas of the book. What do other folks think? I'll have to take a closer look in person when I get home this evening... will get a closer shot.

nrWdZth.jpg

Nice looking copy. Pretty significant miswrap so you might want to think twice about subbing (not that you said you were going to). See, for example:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=364195&Number=8842292#Post8842292

I think I'm going to hold on to this one, and sub the 7.0/7.5 copy I had before purchasing this copy.

I remember seeing that thread you linked... pretty scary indeed.