• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Let's see your weirdest comic covers!

29 posts in this topic

This is my weirdest by far. This cover has everything. First the Virgin Mary in the back then the priest praying for everyone, next the atomic blast, the nazi guy injecting something funky into the old dude, and lastly the Anti Christ Damien like kid sending everyone to Hell!!!!!!!!!!!!

soldier001_zps07892578.jpg

Kolbe was a Catholic priest who, as a prisoner in Auschwitz, voluntarily took the place of another man who was marked for execution. The "old dude" is no doubt Father Kolbe himself, who was murdered by a Nazi prison guard via lethal injection.

It's a powerful and inspirational story. I have no doubt that the comic book version is probably a bit wonky, but are you sure that the kid on the cover is supposed to be the Antichrist? Looks like it's from the '70s maybe (?), so I guess anything is possible...