• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What Trade do you use to convert newbies (preferably a GF or Wife)?

71 posts in this topic

Give her Wet Moon vol 1 and 2

Something guaranteed for a woman to like to get her in the right frame of mind

Yep, Wet Moon is great, my girlfriend loved it. I just recently found out that the artist Ross Campbell has actually transitioned to female, and is now known as Sophie Campbell.

Other books which are great:

Locke & Key

Gemma Bovery

Tamara Drewe

Saga

Strangers In Paradise

Ghost World

The Worlds of Aldebaran (epic humanist Sci-Fi series by Brazilian artist Leo, they are published in English by Cinebook)

Batgirl (the most recent run)

Sandman

Fables

Optic Nerve (or anything by Tomine)

The Dark Phoenix Saga is really good. (thumbs u

I started my wife off on the two X-Men essential volumes that reprint GS X-Men 1, 94-144. Coming from exclusively Manga, she didn't mind the black & white art at all. From there she read the first Wolverine mini series and I also had her read the O'Neil & Adams Green Lantern / Green Arrow issues.

I don't really want too many new comics readers, just in case they start buying back issues and inflate those prices still further, and so I recommend Invaders Classic Vol. 1 by Frank Robbins and Onslaught Reborn by Rob Liefeld.