• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Silverfish!

13 posts in this topic

Any advice on control of these paper-consuming pests? So far my bagged comics and art have not been bothered --any kind of plastic barrier seems effective. But other less well protected paper items have been ravaged. I spread a lot of diatenatious earth around cracks and crevices but it doesn't seem to bother them too much. OTOH, I haven't renewed it for a good while either.

They hate the smell of lavender also buy a tube like gun and fill the cracks and holes all over your skirting with (it is called hard as nails in the U.K) filler. They are also killed by boric acid power and will avoid it like the plague. Clear the whole room at ground level and fill everything in sight, believe me it works great.

Boric acid sprinkled on carpet then swept and vaccuumed works well at combating these type insects and fleas etc. Merely by walking on it they will doom themselves.

Silverfish seem almost like spiders, nearly impossible to get rid of.

I wondered if those "sonic" devices worked or not.

I did fumigate once and believe it eliminated most if not all, but they always return eventually, especially if your environment is prone to be a good environment.

I also heard that CRICKETS eat paper as well, and those are pesky pests, hard to get rid of too... I'm still trying to figure the problem to that solution (luckily the infestation is outside/outdoors (for now) and not inside the home (yet) but it's still irritating)