• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gwenpool : from variant cvr to guest to own solo title

306 posts in this topic

I'm still bidding too. Last nights one went to $36, so I'm trying to get a second copy before this book goes up again. I keep waiting on the bin but then the $15 all went and then the $25 ones, and now all the $30 books are going. I think I would go up to $40, because I don't want to kick myself if this book starts selling $50-100+ and I miss the boat like I usually do. Although I've never sold a book, but someday I might want to.

In all seriousness though, on paper Deadpool must have seemed like a really bad idea at the time too.

On paper? Rob Liefeld never wrote anything down on paper. :insane:

Bob Harras and Marvel were just too much in a hurry to push Louise Simonson away to let the kids have "unforgettable" comics and starting to plan their downslide… :facepalm:

Sure he did.

It's pretty well documented that Louise was blown away by the energy of young Liefeld. Her fax machine used to run out of paper with the character pitches he used to machine gun her way.

There's a CBG or CSN with designs for every KEY character sent by fax.

I'm going to dig it out.

( sadly I hoard all this stuff )

Interesting, 10 out of 11 of the ending-soonest current Ebay auctions for Gwenpool all have a the same 1-FB bidder topping the bids.

Hmmm.... hm

I noticed that too, this book is getting fakenbids and people are falling for it, is funny. For 40 bucks ill rather stock up on ASM 361s.

Will the first app. of Gwen Stacey (THE REAL ONE) go up in value in the coming years as well?

I doubt it...

I'm guessing it is already too expensive to begin with. Not very attractive for resellers to hype and dump.

Marvel Editor Jordan D. White was asked about Gwenpool and he posted this on his tumbler;

Q: Do you find Gwenpool offensive or inoffensive? Personally, it seems that they've erased two things vital to any incarnation of Deadpool: his traumatic past and scarred appearance. It also feels like her costume objectifies her, whilst Gwen has always had a privileged lifestyle. Is this new comic based on the meme-spouting stereotype of Deadpool, or will there be something all Deadpool fans can enjoy?

A: I don’t find her offensive at all.

That said, I know a lot more about her than is publicly revealed.

In the Gwenpool Holiday Special, there is a Deadpool holiday story, so at the very least, there is that for you. Hopefully, you will like Gwenpool, though, as well, as she is going to be interesting.

Article on Bleeding Cool;

What Does An Amazon Marketplace Seller Do When Gwenpool Goes Up In Price?

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/09/14/what-does-an-amazon-marketplace-seller-do-when-gwenpool-goes-up-in-price/

Great stuff.

Gone are the days of order 10 copies from an unsuspecting retailer. I think this is a trend you will continue to see as retailers catch up.

If the guy had only ordered one copy he might have gotten his book.

But, by ordering all 5 he tipped off a retailer who obviously was not above doing the same thing. Wont be the last time we see it.

Article on Bleeding Cool;

What Does An Amazon Marketplace Seller Do When Gwenpool Goes Up In Price?

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/09/14/what-does-an-amazon-marketplace-seller-do-when-gwenpool-goes-up-in-price/

How many future sales do you think Serenity Comics just lost ? Oops :roflmao:

I preorder as a rule and I only ran into an issue like this once that I can remember. Is Amazon a reliable source for comics if as a buyer you'd have to deal with this kind of service ? At least on ebay, you get to warn people to avoid those who don't honor their own word. I've worked in retail 25+ years. I can't imagine lasting a fifth of that time with that kind of service. Deadbeat seller. lol