• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gwenpool : from variant cvr to guest to own solo title

306 posts in this topic

I would just like to take a moment to point out that people are willing to drop $50+ on a comic because there's an image of a character that has not appeared in any comic story ever.

Note that this is not intended to be a comment about the ongoing "first appearance" debate in various threads around the board. Just that this is effing insane.

I would just like to take a moment to point out that people are willing to drop $50+ on a comic because there's an image of a character that has not appeared in any comic story ever.

Has not appeared in any comic story... YET.

;)

Idk about the low feedback person, but the $55 book's lowest feedback bidder had 45, and the winner had feedback of 541. The winning bidder on $56 copy went to someone with a feedback of 672. I'd say these auctions are real, and as we get closer to Howard coming out, I see the book going for $75-100. Especially knowing that marvel has already made statements of liking the story they have for her, which to me means an ongoing in the near future.

Article on Bleeding Cool;

What Does An Amazon Marketplace Seller Do When Gwenpool Goes Up In Price?

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/09/14/what-does-an-amazon-marketplace-seller-do-when-gwenpool-goes-up-in-price/

How many future sales do you think Serenity Comics just lost ? Oops :roflmao:

I preorder as a rule and I only ran into an issue like this once that I can remember. Is Amazon a reliable source for comics if as a buyer you'd have to deal with this kind of service ? At least on ebay, you get to warn people to avoid those who don't honor their own word. I've worked in retail 25+ years. I can't imagine lasting a fifth of that time with that kind of service. Deadbeat seller. lol

ive only ordered on Amazon once for a comic... found an ESOV #2 for $20 when it was selling at $80-90... they even claimed it was a 9.8 (which is what it graded at)... i waited for the order to get canceled, but sure enough it shipped... im sure they will take a pretty big hit for doing this... it would have been better to take the "loss" than making an extra 100 and getting PR like this...