• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which Superhero Movie Are You Most Looking Forward To?

Which Superhero Movie Are You Most Looking Forward To?  

261 members have voted

1. 1. Which Superhero Movie Are You Most Looking Forward To?

48 posts in this topic

I voted X3 because I loved the first 2 and am hoping to one day watch another great trilogy with my daughter when she is a little older, the way we did when the Star Wars trilogy came out on DVD.

When SW came out, we had an "indoor picnic". On a rainy Saturday, I took the coffee table out of the living room, put a queen mattress on the floor with lots of pillows by the couch in front of the TV, made popcorn, and brought in pizza and ice cream.

It was great watching her flip out over things I had seen more than 20 years ago. "Daddy, daddy! Luke is her brother! Ewoks are sooooo cute! Can we get one? Yoda speaks so funny! Oh my God, Darth Vader Is Luke's Daddy! I don't want him to die, can't Luke save him?!"

Oh man you truly robbed your daughter of an excellent experience by showing her those films on...the DVD Trilogy. tongue.gifpoke2.gif

gossip.gif I told her :Hans shot first.......

I voted X3 because I loved the first 2 and am hoping to one day watch another great trilogy with my daughter when she is a little older, the way we did when the Star Wars trilogy came out on DVD.

When SW came out, we had an "indoor picnic". On a rainy Saturday, I took the coffee table out of the living room, put a queen mattress on the floor with lots of pillows by the couch in front of the TV, made popcorn, and brought in pizza and ice cream.

It was great watching her flip out over things I had seen more than 20 years ago. "Daddy, daddy! Luke is her brother! Ewoks are sooooo cute! Can we get one? Yoda speaks so funny! Oh my God, Darth Vader Is Luke's Daddy! I don't want him to die, can't Luke save him?!"

Oh man you truly robbed your daughter of an excellent experience by showing her those films on...the DVD Trilogy. tongue.gifpoke2.gif

Hans?! Hans Gruber from Die Hard? Hans and Franz? or Han Solo?

Hans?! Hans Gruber from Die Hard? Hans and Franz? or Han Solo?

27_laughing.gif

I just hope they don't screw up the new Batman flick like they did the Catwoman movie. Man was that a waste of time.

Comic related movies like Watchmen or Sin City are unique and deserve to be made into films. However, why are movies feauring Catwoman, Elektra and Ghost Rider being made prior to well know superheroes like Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, Flash, Iron Man, Captain America, etc. Eventually the genral public and some comic fans will get sick and tired of superhero movies because the market has already been saturated with lesser known comic book characters.

Over the last few years, Marvel has been more active than Time Warner in licensing its characters for movies. Marvel's business model relies on movies and movie-related licensing to drive revenues. Time Warner is a much larger company and hasn't needed to do that.

Ghost Rider has never had an ownership dispute like Captain America has. Marvel was in litigation over the rights to Captain America until just last year, when they settled with Joe Simon. They now have the undisputed rights to the character and are trying to get a movie made. Now that the ownership issue is out of the way, there still remains the issue of how well Captain America would do in international markets considering the US's foreign policy. I am not sure that this will make as big a difference as people think, but there are concerns nonetheless.

Iron Man has never had any ownership disputes, but Marvel is having a hard time getting the right -script, director, and lead actors for the project and the budget for the movie is a sticking point. It is going to cost well over $100 million to make into a decent movie, and there's still no guarantee that spending that much money will result in a good movie. With Hulk having a lukewarm box office reception, I think that studios are balking at throwing that kind of money at a property like Iron Man, which does not have the licensing potential that Hulk did to make up the shortfall if the movie does not produce at the box office.

Although Ghost Rider does not have Hulk's licensing potential either, it is an inherently cheaper movie to make than Iron Man, and thus, is further along in its development than Iron Man is. Of course, they have that hack Mark Steven Johnson (of Daredevil infamy) directing and writing it, so it is destined to be a steaming pile of doo doo when it is released.

I am most looking forward to a Doctor Strange movie.

I have the old one from the 1970s on VHS. (A spur of the moment eBay buy last year.) I've never actually watched it though. 27_laughing.gif

I have the old one from the 1970s on VHS. (A spur of the moment eBay buy last year.) I've never actually watched it though. 27_laughing.gif

Hmmm - I have heard tell of that movie. Tell you what, Scott. When I lend you my Marvel Tales #1 to read you lend me your VHS of Doc Strange! Deal? smile.gif

Hmmm - I have heard tell of that movie. Tell you what, Scott. When I lend you my Marvel Tales #1 to read you lend me your VHS of Doc Strange! Deal? smile.gif

But of course! Or you could just come over for dinner some night and we could all watch it. confused-smiley-013.gif

Last I heard, this wasn't one of the movies Marvel has in production. I think I read it in Comic Book Resources.

But of course! Or you could just come over for dinner some night and we could all watch it. confused-smiley-013.gif

That would be most enjoyable and I would accept such an invitation (work dependant!). But what of Elizabeth? Would she be interested in viewing? If not I assume her own resources are sufficient to occupy her! (Dang she is a sharp person!)

So PM me and soon I shall enjoy food and film! (PS - would enjoy preparing one course anyway if that is arrangeable!)

That would be most enjoyable and I would accept such an invitation (work dependant!). But what of Elizabeth? Would she be interested in viewing? If not I assume her own resources are sufficient to occupy her! (Dang she is a sharp person!)

So PM me and soon I shall enjoy food and film! (PS - would enjoy preparing one course anyway if that is arrangeable!)

I am sure that Liz will watch it with us. Let me figure out some dates and get back to you.

Hans?! Hans Gruber from Die Hard?

Alright it's late................. crazy.gif

Now *there* would be an interesting trilogy to watch with your daughter. "Daddy, daddy, why does Bruce think that nice German man is a mother893censored-thumb.gif?"

insane.gif

Hans?! Hans Gruber from Die Hard?

Alright it's late................. crazy.gif

Now *there* would be an interesting trilogy to watch with your daughter. "Daddy, daddy, why does Bruce think that nice German man is a mother893censored-thumb.gif?"

insane.gif

That's the trilogy we will watch when she is sixteen or older 27_laughing.gif

I'm really looking forward to the film adaptation of Reid Fleming, World's Toughest Milkman...!! I hear Karl Malden is the leading candidate to play Reid, but I'd be equally happy to see Gene Hackman scoop up that opportunity. The real mystery is, does Jack Nicholson have the acting chops to carry off the Mr. O'Clock role?