• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can anyone vouch for this eBay seller?

22 posts in this topic

My take on private auctions? If you have previous real experience (like I do when bidding on Bruce Hershonson's movie poster ebay auctions) then go for it. Seller has been established and you have (hopefully) established a rapport with the seller.

Anyone with private feedback I avoid. Even sellers I know well. This is not to say they are crooks. This is just to say, to my mind and opinion, feedback being a potential gauge of previous bidder experience, I will not bid on auctions where that feedback is not available to me.

Comic-Keys goes by a few names like richard koos and danny dup. He used to work at a well-known NY comic shop but went out of business. He is also a restoration expert. Most of his stuff is trimmed on all 3 edges, and color touched. That is why I call him a comic trimmin', color touchin', camel assed, son of a [#@$%!!!]. I can think of no better place on this great green earth where a pecker head might throw his money into a bottomless abyss but at dubcrap's auctions.

I think Danny is one of the top restoration artist in the biz.His knowledge on the subject is incredible. I wouldn't buy anything off him,but would send him some books to be worked on,if he ever went towork for an established studio. Think Leonardo D. in CATCH ME IF YOU CAN

As for his auctions-run away,run very far and very fast.

I think Danny is one of the top restoration artist in the biz.His knowledge on the subject is incredible. I wouldn't buy anything off him,but would send him some books to be worked on,if he ever went towork for an established studio. Think Leonardo D. in CATCH ME IF YOU CAN

As for his auctions-run away,run very far and very fast.

Well, as I said, "myabe not but maybe... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif"

I have never seen one of his books so cannot comment on his technique but there is a wide gulf between accumulated knowledge and true skill in execution.

Nice link, oldguy. Holy [#@$%!!!]! Did you see the profile on this nerd? He looks like a frikken' neandrathal! The beady eyes, receded forehead, droopy eyes -a frikken' caveman!

I personally am offended by your comments! sumo.gif

I, like burntboy, have had actual transactions with this seller. My communications have been pleasant, although my experiences with receiving a PLOD was not. My account is documented on Brian's (OldGuy) site as well. RedHook just uncovered a shill account being used to pump up bids through a loophole in the private feedback.

His scans look great because he doctored them up in Photoshop. I can tell you that this seller does honor his return policy. Since he can longer post on this board, he has a thread he posts on the forum at stlcomics.com.

My suggestion to you is to just assume all of his books are restored and bid accordingly.