• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

That's why I don't disclose my birthday.

171 posts in this topic

You must remember the valediction emoticons to effectively complete the action.

You are going where you ought not go, Bosco.

Fair warning.

Oh really? Threatening people now, are we?

I'm not going down this road with you Bosco. If you want a fight, please find someone else to do it with.

A fight? Not me. It just appears to be the same old sermon train rolling down the road.

I'm not going down this road with you Bosco. If you want a fight, please find someone else to do it with. The next step is notifying moderators, and that really sucks, because then they just come and lock everything down.

Just find someone else to bicker with. Is it that hard?

Threads that contain warnings are the best kind. :cloud9:

You have little to no idea of the history involved. If that "fair warning" seems....presumptuous...it's because you don't know the score.

It is a very fair warning.

I have zero knowledge of the history involved. But I know entertainment when I see it.

Classy!

Agreed. Very classy move on your part to give the warning.

You have little to no idea of the history involved. If that "fair warning" seems....presumptuous...it's because you don't know the score.

I have zero knowledge of the history involved. But I know entertainment when I see it.

Classy!

I agree. It was very fair, all things considered. If you knew what was involved, you might not be so flippant, but hey....newbs!

:cloud9:

Got it. You're insufferable. Accusation.

my guess is you're insufferable. Conjecture.

Same effect.

But you may or will, as the case may be, have the last word and tell me my logic fails or is twisted, or the hairs aren't precisely split.

Happy birthday.

Point was you said there was no accusation. Truth is there was.

That's your opinion. I don't agree, and have made a reasonable case.

Your case is "it sounds like an accusation to you."

My case is "He made a conjecture, asked a question...he did not make an accusation."

His statement again:

Something tells me it's about wanting to fit in, and being accepted and approved of by the community,(hence the public threads) more then it is a burning personal need to wish everyone a happy birthday.(which could be done in a PM)

He's making a conjecture, not an accusation.

An accusation would be "Thus and such is doing this and so."

But if you want to look at it as an accusation, that's certainly your right to do so.

Does it matter? No. What matters is if what he's saying is true. That's the real issue.

Accusation, question, conjecture, speculation...all surface, not important, except to the easily offended.

Assumption really! Let me tell you, birthday threads had absolutely nothing to do with " fitting in " or being " accepted in the community". It was only meant as a kind gesture. I would hope that my standing in this community goes beyond wishing someone a happy birthday.

Classy!

Trust me. If you knew the history, you'd stay away from him too. Just a suggestion.

My case is "He made a conjecture, asked a question...he did not make an accusation."

His statement again:

Something tells me it's about wanting to fit in, and being accepted and approved of by the community,(hence the public threads) more then it is a burning personal need to wish everyone a happy birthday.(which could be done in a PM)

But if you want to look at it as an accusation, that's certainly your right to do so.

Does it matter? No. What matters is if what he's saying is true. That's the real issue.

Accusation, question, conjecture, speculation...all surface, not important, except to the easily offended.

Assumption really! Let me tell you, birthday threads had absolutely nothing to do with " fitting in " or being " accepted in the community". It was only meant as a kind gesture. I would hope that my standing in this community goes beyond wishing someone a happy birthday.

So, if that's not true of you, why take it personally? If it doesn't apply to you, then it has nothing to do with you, right? Why get upset over a generic statement about an entire group of people...?

And how do you know if it's not true for anyone else?

His statement again:

If you look at HOW LONG you were here even before kindly taking on the birthday threads, did it really have anything to do with fitting in versus an act of kindness?

Classy!

I agree. It was very fair, all things considered. If you knew what was involved, you might not be so flippant, but hey....newbs!

I'm pretty sure I would.

Classy!

I'm pretty sure I would.

Yeah, you're right. I stand corrected.