• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

That's why I don't disclose my birthday.

171 posts in this topic

Sorry, my time machine is in the shop, so I am unable to go back and "take a snapshot" of the front page for multiple days in the past in order to get a good set of data. And we of course differ on whether threads created make for a reasonable proxy.

Who said you needed a "time machine"? Unless something changes, you can go from this point forward and collect the same data.

Sorry, I was interested in responding in the here and now, it's a failing of mine.

And revisit this ridiculous discussion in a couple months? But that would require bumping this thread to the front page, taking valuable "real estate" from Comics General ("Where all the IMPORTANT STUFF is discussed!"). No, sir, I wouldn't want that.

But feel free - maybe in a couple months you can come back and say, "See there, I was RIGHT!" and I will humbly apologize.

Mods are not going to enforce a "no birthday thread" in Comics General are they? Or was the poll I'm reading about formal and binding?

If they are not, why not just skip the birthday threads if they bug you? (shrug)

That's what everyone (mostly) does already, and have for years.

Remember, this has been an "issue" for many years. I don't know that I've ever voiced my opinion on the matter, until the unmerited comments towards Budsbundy happened.

But...there was a poll, and that poll indicated that a good majority (60% to 40%) wanted *something* to be done about them.

Do those 60% not have a right to say anything? Is the onus on them to "ignore it" forever?

Is that reasonable...?

Sorry, my time machine is in the shop, so I am unable to go back and "take a snapshot" of the front page for multiple days in the past in order to get a good set of data. And we of course differ on whether threads created make for a reasonable proxy.

Who said you needed a "time machine"? Unless something changes, you can go from this point forward and collect the same data.

Sorry, I was interested in responding in the here and now, it's a failing of mine.

And revisit this ridiculous discussion in a couple months? But that would require bumping this thread to the front page, taking valuable "real estate" from Comics General ("Where all the IMPORTANT STUFF is discussed!"). No, sir, I wouldn't want that.

But feel free - maybe in a couple months you can come back and say, "See there, I was RIGHT!" and I will humbly apologize.

Yay, Sarcasms!

:cloud9:

Your post can be broken down into the following 4 categories:

Going over old ground

Twisting words for the purposes of deception

Ignoring readily available information

Utter nonsense

You forgot the 5th category:

RMA methodically and objectively proves their points to be incorrect, and because they have no leg to stand on, the poster says "I'm taking my ball and going home".

Thanks, Uts. :)

Threads that contain warnings are the best kind. :cloud9:

You have little to no idea of the history involved. If that "fair warning" seems....presumptuous...it's because you don't know the score.

It is a very fair warning.

Wait - I thought we learn and grow and not hold grudges from the past so that we are better human beings. Wasn't that Sermon #3902, or thereabouts?

(shrug)

You must remember the valediction emoticons to effectively complete the action.

You are going where you ought not go, Bosco.

Fair warning.

Oh really? Threatening people now, are we?

I'm not going down this road with you Bosco. If you want a fight, please find someone else to do it with.

You must remember the valediction emoticons to effectively complete the action.

You are going where you ought not go, Bosco.

Fair warning.

Oh really? Threatening people now, are we?

I'm not going down this road with you Bosco. If you want a fight, please find someone else to do it with.

A fight? Not me. It just appears to be the same old sermon train rolling down the road.

You have little to no idea of the history involved. If that "fair warning" seems....presumptuous...it's because you don't know the score.

I have zero knowledge of the history involved. But I know entertainment when I see it.

Point was you said there was no accusation. Truth is there was.

That's your opinion. I don't agree, and have made a reasonable case.

Your case is "it sounds like an accusation to you."

My case is "He made a conjecture, asked a question...he did not make an accusation."

His statement again:

Something tells me it's about wanting to fit in, and being accepted and approved of by the community,(hence the public threads) more then it is a burning personal need to wish everyone a happy birthday.(which could be done in a PM)

He's making a conjecture, not an accusation.

An accusation would be "Thus and such is doing this and so."

But if you want to look at it as an accusation, that's certainly your right to do so.

Does it matter? No. What matters is if what he's saying is true. That's the real issue.

Accusation, question, conjecture, speculation...all surface, not important, except to the easily offended.

I have zero knowledge of the history involved. But I know entertainment when I see it.

Classy!