• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best Deal you ever got on ebay

68 posts in this topic

Picked up a lot of NM 85-100 for $15 a few years back. Right around the time Deadpool was getting hot. The 98 graded out at 9.6 last year.

Also snagged a GSXM for about $120 around the same time. And a XM 94 for $18. But it was a mid-grade at best.

Recently? Alias full-run (including 2 copies of #1) for $25 & a couple X-Men 30 cent variants for about $10 each in VF-ish condition.

I don't get too lucky with comics on eBay, but I think my favorite is Uncanny 100-180 complete for $80 shipped, early issues around a 7.0 getting better the closer to 180 it got. Extra special because I just started to really try to finish my Uncanny run and needed most of those.

Probably the best deal I ever got was when I first got back into collecting in late 2011. I was specifically looking for cheap first appearances to start off. There were some great first appearances in the Copper Age and all dirt cheap.

I found a new listing for an Uncanny X-Men #221 CGC 9.8 for $35. And down the bottom of the description, without fanfare, it read: I will also throw in an Avengers Annual #10 CGC 9.4 as a bonus. Yoink! That was fun.

Also, Amazing Spiderman #194 in 9.8 for $150 in 2012. They were in the $400 range then.

About 10 years back when I was first buying & selling books I quickly worked out that the £ against the $ was good so I was always looking on Ebay.com for bargains.

These were the days when you could buy from the USA & flip on Ebay UK for 5 to 10 times the cost. My passion though was Green Lantern and ending one morning (UK time) at 2AM

was "Old Green Lantern Comic lot"

Not many pics or much description but there was a #1 pictured which looked nice and I wanted.

Bid was at $90 when I had to sleep so I stuck a $300 bid on and went to bed.

Woke the next morning to find the win at $151 :grin:

I actually paid the guy $150 extra for 3 day shipping (US to UK) as he said there are over 100 books and it's heavy.

Didn't care as I'd got the #1 & I wanted them quick so I paid.

3 days later...

Showcase 22

Green Lantern #1 - #224

I have yet to see a comic on a shops new release shelf in better condition than the #55

If only I'd known then about CGC

Bought me a used car and had a week snowboarding in France from that lot

About 10 years back when I was first buying & selling books I quickly worked out that the £ against the $ was good so I was always looking on Ebay.com for bargains.

These were the days when you could buy from the USA & flip on Ebay UK for 5 to 10 times the cost. My passion though was Green Lantern and ending one morning (UK time) at 2AM

was "Old Green Lantern Comic lot"

Not many pics or much description but there was a #1 pictured which looked nice and I wanted.

Bid was at $90 when I had to sleep so I stuck a $300 bid on and went to bed.

Woke the next morning to find the win at $151 :grin:

I actually paid the guy $150 extra for 3 day shipping (US to UK) as he said there are over 100 books and it's heavy.

Didn't care as I'd got the #1 & I wanted them quick so I paid.

3 days later...

Showcase 22

Green Lantern #1 - #224

I have yet to see a comic on a shops new release shelf in better condition than the #55

If only I'd known then about CGC

Bought me a used car and had a week snowboarding in France from that lot

:applause:

I don't think I've ever gotten a comic "deal" ever but definitely some non comic stuff a bunch.

Once got "6 eye" mono Columbia promo copy of Dave Brubeck quartets time out, original press for $1 as it wasn't listed a promo and only had the cover shot of it.

Got a real good price on my Yamaha maple custom absolute drum set in 2011 after selling some records. You have to special order these things and they took a long time to come in, like 6 months or so. The guy got it in, had it a week and had to sell it for a family emergency.

He got under half for it via auction. I got lucky as they no longer make them in japan and go for a lot more now even.

I've gotten some good deals on MTG cards in the past too when I played by looking for listing errors

Bought an Archie lot that was low grade Covers to Archie 1, 6 9 and some coverless Archie. The 9 fit together with its un-ID'd coverless and the other coverless were issue 5 and 7 or something like that. Paid about $700 and flipped all but the 1 for what I paid. This was right before Archie took off. That was fun.

There's at least one thread existent like this one. There was a boardie that spent a few hundred dollars on a book, had it slabbed and sold it for 20K if I'm not mistaken.

Fuelman. Early Action (maybe #10?) for a few hundred.

I got an easy 5.0 raw FF #5 a couple years ago for $500 BIN

Seller handled antiques, had about 8 pages of them, and one lone comic book that he had listed like 3 minutes before I bought it. I was in a panic the whole time I was scrutinizing the pics to verify the condition that someone would buy it before me.

That went right into my collection.

2 years ago I bought a DD 14 for $2.50. Nothing special there, but it was a VF and they had others of the same condition up for auction. I said to myself, self, this looks OO. So after following up w/the Seller with "hey what else you got", I ended up with 12 longs of SA and BA near full runs of IM (from the 20's to 130), DD (20's through Millers), Thor (133 - 240 two of each), Cap from 104-170), Bats from 300-500, Tec (mid 400's to 700), Bronze ASM, plus assorted other Marvel and DC, They averaged out to about $1.25 per book including shipping. The IM 55 was a VF/NM (and yes I told the seller that that one was worth a lot).