• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best Deal you ever got on ebay

68 posts in this topic

2 years ago I bought a DD 14 for $2.50. Nothing special there, but it was a VF and they had others of the same condition up for auction. I said to myself, self, this looks OO. So after following up w/the Seller with "hey what else you got", I ended up with 12 longs of SA and BA near full runs of IM (from the 20's to 130), DD (20's through Millers), Thor (133 - 240 two of each), Cap from 104-170), Bats from 300-500, Tec (mid 400's to 700), Bronze ASM, plus assorted other Marvel and DC, They averaged out to about $1.25 per book including shipping. The IM 55 was a VF/NM (and yes I told the seller that that one was worth a lot).

Poor old lady

2 years ago I bought a DD 14 for $2.50. Nothing special there, but it was a VF and they had others of the same condition up for auction. I said to myself, self, this looks OO. So after following up w/the Seller with "hey what else you got", I ended up with 12 longs of SA and BA near full runs of IM (from the 20's to 130), DD (20's through Millers), Thor (133 - 240 two of each), Cap from 104-170), Bats from 300-500, Tec (mid 400's to 700), Bronze ASM, plus assorted other Marvel and DC, They averaged out to about $1.25 per book including shipping. The IM 55 was a VF/NM (and yes I told the seller that that one was worth a lot).

:golfclap:

Poor old lady

sounds like a terrorist hate crime.

:makepoint: She was late 20's and could handle herself very well. Turns out they were her dad's books. I pointed out the IM 55 was at least an $800 book (raw, at the time). No other big keys in there (DD 158, 168, Thor 165 were sort of it) and I bought them all sight unseen from 2,000 miles away. She was relieved to not have to spend the next year or more scanning and listing all of those one at a time. Everyone was happy.

During the collapse of the Disney Duck values I picked up a Carl Barks preliminary painting of "Menace out of the Myths" for a few thousand under current retail. I bought an Archie's Girls Betty and Veronica #40 in VG using eBay bucks so it was "free". I also bought a Captain America Comics #16 from the original owner that came back a 5.0.

Although the best deal I ever got on eBay was not a comic book but a cognac diamond I bought direct from a miner in Madagascar. It even came in an International mail envelope with Madagascar stamps all over it. I paid $100 for a 1.01 carat cognac diamond. Its what is called a "native cut" which means not many facets and not well cut but the polish is gorgeous as is the diamond. My wife was happy! :)

th_Archies_Girls_Betty_and_Veronica_40_zps2d7b6a94.jpgth_cap16_front_cgc_zps66169ae1.jpgth_menace_out_of_the_myths_prelim_zps715a8a9f.jpg

About 6-7 years ago I found a BIN sale of Daredevil 158-191 (Miller run) in HG. The lot was $20 shipped. I bought it and paid quickly, but seller was upset because he entered the wrong price. However he honored the sale and shipped the books to me. Saved me a lot of money. :grin:

:makepoint: She was late 20's and could handle herself very well. Turns out they were her dad's books. I pointed out the IM 55 was at least an $800 book (raw, at the time). No other big keys in there (DD 158, 168, Thor 165 were sort of it) and I bought them all sight unseen from 2,000 miles away. She was relieved to not have to spend the next year or more scanning and listing all of those one at a time. Everyone was happy.

I was being sarcastic

:foryou:

I was being sarcastic

I was being sarcasticer

I was being sarcastic

Shouldn't you be out grabbing Nutella waffles and punching old men?

off ebay, from the lesser of CGC's compatition

Sandman 19 error 9.9 $37 (that includes shipping)

Crypt of Dawn 1 LE 9.8 $35 (that includes shipping)

both will be sent to CGC at some point, i'm fully expecting both to come back 9.8......side note, it's fun pointing out the price i paid when people rally for "lesser" sell for or their just as good as CGC on ebay/auctions. lol "so you think a sandman 19 error CGC 9.9 would sell for $37?"

In terms of comics I can't think of anything that sticks out. Maybe a DD 254 9.8 that I think I paid well under $80 for a couple of years ago, and far away from today's prices.

In terms of an autograph, I think I paid with shipping $20 for a Christopher Reeve signed photo that I had authenticated by a friend. It's a colour photo I would estimate that would be worth about $200.

Now that I think of it, I scored about $360 autograph of Diana Dors that would sell at auction for $600-900 easily.