• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best Deal you ever got on ebay

68 posts in this topic

About 8 years ago some guy was listing DC War Books in stacks of like twenty books each. So I missed out on the Our Army Lot but threw down on the Our Fighting Forces and G.I. Combats. There was definitely chatter on these boards saying whoever paid I think it was $350 for the GI Combats was a fool. There was no 87 or 88 in the lot but the copies from that era all came back above 8.0. Probably $1800+ worth of stuff. The Our Fighting Forces were sweet as well. Regrets on the Our Army at Wars.

I got a stack of ASM all in the early 100's about 30-40 books altogether the cost worked out to about 1.75 each.

Since most were in true NM shape I would guess maybe $2500 in total value as the #129 cgc'ed at 9.2 and I sold it for $900.00 not a bad return for the $80 I spent.

Also I got a ASM #194 that CGC'ed 9.8 for about 12 bucks with shipping that I sold for $750.

Ebay used to be a great place for buying books now not so much.

A few years ago a Fantastic Four 1, for $600. Not a lot of pics, sellers wasn't even sure if it was complete, so I took a gamble. Came back Blue label 1.0, and I flipped it to a friend.

Best one though was last year, Batman #4 & #5 for $200 total. They were listed in the wrong category, with no Golden Age mention in title, from a Pawn Shop in West Virgina. I just happened to stumble across them. Ended up flipping them for a lot more. Kinda wish I had kept them, but the flip was too good.

I live in WV so would be interested in knowing where it was exactly there.

maybe 12 or so years ago I bought a stack of about 35 mid-60`s DC war books ( no big keys ) - there were no nice individual scans just a couple stacks where you could see generally the amount of books -- paid $50 - ( figuring I could at least double my $$ ) and to my surprise they were outstanding - !!! mostly in the VF to NM- range - I ended up selling a bunch on here and the rest at conventions - I probably made over $1,200 by the time the last few books sold --

I generally only come out "ok" on ebay books.........I'm generally happy, but no real steals or money makers.

I did buy a lot of mego action figure parts/costumes/figures once for $83.

In the lot were the following figures, complete with original accessories:

All 4 FF figures (no zombie heads!! And perfect hair on Sue)

T1 Superman with stirrups

Removable Cowl Batman with matching accessories

T1 Captain America

T2 Shazam

T2 Green Arrow

Two (TWO!!) Circle Suit Spidermans. One was minty, the other was really nice with a slightly worn heel.

About 50 extra original parts and costumes.

The photos in the sales post were bad; just looked like a pile of broken junk from the pictures. Probably a good $1000-1200 worth of stuff when it was all said and done. Most of it remains in my collection.

I also got 2 Curt Swan pages for $200 that was pretty good. I could easily sell em for $300 each, maybe more. I have also bought lots for like $20, pulled out the HG issues and resold em for $40-$50 each.

in early 2013, got a seller to accept my $300 offer for a 8.0w copy of MGA 80. GPA has the most recent 8.0 sale (ow/w) as being for $956. thanks, silverageguy! you can at least be assured it's going to stay in my collection for a while and not get flipped, i guess...

whenever i try to buy books to flip i wind up taking a bath on them, so i think karmically this is part of the evening out process. also, it's the universe's way of telling me to stop trying to buy stuff to flip