• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Time payments question? should I handled it differently? UPDATE!!

119 posts in this topic

I think 10% is the standard first payment.

Standard for whom?

Ok what price range is this book we're talking about? I usually give more because I don't like to draw these things out.

75 dollars in value for this comic since he asked for time payments

wow- I thought this at least $500

75 bucks should not be eligible for time payments at all. This isn't the lay away department at K-Mart. Maybe that is snobbish of me. not sure.

I thought that too.

I hope I never find myself with a family emergency so dire that I might need my $15 down payment back. :screwy:

what should be the minimum amount before down payment becomes a option?

Standard for whom?

Ok what price range is this book we're talking about? I usually give more because I don't like to draw these things out.

Just so I'm understanding this correctly, $75 was the total for the comic, or &75 was the 20% down payment?

Hey Dead one :)

yes 75 was the total for the comic

:hi:

Congrats. on the sale. (thumbs u Every little bit helps, so take it when you can.

Standard for whom?

75 bucks should not be eligible for time payments at all. This isn't the lay away department at K-Mart. Maybe that is snobbish of me. not sure.

I thought that too.

I hope I never find myself with a family emergency so dire that I might need my $15 down payment back. :screwy:

For books under a hundred I could see maybe a 50/50 split (between paydays... something like that) if I know the buyer and I trust him, otherwise, money up front.

But like I said, take it when you can, just use caution. Protect yourself.

Is anyone else thinking, "a thread about buying precode horror with no experience, a thread about managing too many want lists, and now a thread about how to handle time payments... hm"?

I get the impression that the pedal's down to the ground, but all you're doing is spinning your tires. What's the story here?

Standard for whom?

I thought that too.

I don't sell much, but I don't think I'd accept time payments on anything under $500. It's too much trouble, unless you know someone fairly well.

I require 10% non-refundable, but in the event that the buyer wants out I do allow them to use the non refundable amount as credit towards another purchase of equal value. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I don't do time payments when buying so I never thought about but how would Paypal handle it if the buyer backed out and made a refund claim? I would hope that email documentation would be enough to reject the refund.

the thing about a time payment on eBay is-- and I am sort of guessing here -- they probably take their cut in terms of FVF (final value fees) for the entire purchase right away.

So that first payment covers your FVF -- but the process seems so drawn out. That item will be sitting on your sale list for a long time. For that reason alone, I wouldn't think of doing time payments for anything less than 400 dollars on eBay.

On these boards-- I would be much more open to the process though. I have not been involved in one so far though or offered one.

Standard for whom?

I thought that too.

For books under a hundred I could see maybe a 50/50 split (between paydays... something like that) if I know the buyer and I trust him, otherwise, money up front.

But like I said, take it when you can, just use caution. Protect yourself.

ok I'll note that down thanks

Is anyone else thinking, "a thread about buying precode horror with no experience, a thread about managing too many want lists, and now a thread about how to handle time payments... hm"?

I get the impression that the pedal's down to the ground, but all you're doing is spinning your tires. What's the story here?

I'm spinning my tires because these are all new things I'm doing but I'm willing to learn it :)

Standard for whom?

I thought that too.

I don't sell much, but I don't think I'd accept time payments on anything under $500. It's too much trouble, unless you know someone fairly well.

fair enough I think I'll make time payments at 250

I require 10% non-refundable, but in the event that the buyer wants out I do allow them to use the non refundable amount as credit towards another purchase of equal value. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

That's a interesting idea I'll give it a try sometime

I don't do time payments when buying so I never thought about but how would Paypal handle it if the buyer backed out and made a refund claim? I would hope that email documentation would be enough to reject the refund.

not sure but it goes one the buyers side most if not all the time

the thing about a time payment on eBay is-- and I am sort of guessing here -- they probably take their cut in terms of FVF (final value fees) for the entire purchase right away.

So that first payment covers your FVF -- but the process seems so drawn out. That item will be sitting on your sale list for a long time. For that reason alone, I wouldn't think of doing time payments for anything less than 400 dollars on eBay.

On these boards-- I would be much more open to the process though. I have not been involved in one so far though or offered one.

It was on facebook that this deal happened

As others have pointed out clearer terms would have avoided any confusion. What is not cool in my book was basically accusing you of being a thief. That was completely unnecessary.

I agree on both points and I'm a honest person so I don't see why he'd accuse me like that :(

If I were you I would already have my business plan in place before you start selling.

Selling for myself or other people?

Both. It's your business right? Set your parameters,and keep your rules in place. Just like any other work place.