• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Time payments question? should I handled it differently? UPDATE!!

119 posts in this topic

If I were you I would already have my business plan in place before you start selling.

Selling for myself or other people?

Both. It's your business right? Set your parameters,and keep your rules in place. Just like any other work place.

Fair enough I'll take examples and ask questions about things I don't know about :)

Started reading this thread and just when my interest on it was waning...low and behold the $75 total comic value. I dont mean to be a snob of some sort but if one needs time payments for $75, i wouldn't get into a hobby yet. I would save up first and start a hobby when im financially capable or look for a cheaper hobby.

Something is just really wrong when you do time payments for $75

Gabe,

If you want to be in business but don't have a natural knack for it or lack experience you should at the very minimum educate yourself on what is expected.

Oak is right...simple outlines (most of which are obvious -like stipulating to customers ahead of time what the rules are) that protect both you and the customer are pretty much a must.

If you continue to make simple mistakes your business will lose credibility quickly. Most people extrapolate their opinions and base their judgements on a business based on how it conducts itself and in a small hobby it doesn't take many mistakes for a business to lose credibility, whether you are honest or not.

Have you taken any business courses?

Started reading this thread and just when my interest on it was waning...low and behold the $75 total comic value. I dont mean to be a snob of some sort but if one needs time payments for $75, i wouldn't get into a hobby yet. I would save up first and start a hobby when im financially capable or look for a cheaper hobby.

Something is just really wrong when you do time payments for $75

I agree I never seen someone ask for time payments for a 75 dollar comic before

Gabe,

If you want to be in business but don't have a natural knack for it or lack experience you should at the very minimum educate yourself on what is expected.

Oak is right...simple outlines (most of which are obvious -like stipulating to customers ahead of time what the rules are) that protect both you and the customer are pretty much a must.

If you continue to make simple mistakes your business will lose credibility quickly. Most people extrapolate their opinions and base their judgements on a business based on how it conducts itself and in a small hobby it doesn't take many mistakes for a business to lose credibility, whether you are honest or not.

Have you taken any business courses?

I didn't take a business class per-say but I took a three-week course on starting your own business

I've payed 10-80% for the initial payment. I think most good dealers who know your buying habits already just want an honest good faith deposit. I've never backed out and have always paid faster than discussed.

sounds like you're the kind of customer I like :)