• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heroes Reborn

24 posts in this topic

That episode was awesome. Much better than the X-Men movies, to me. I like where this is going and can't wait to watch the whole season.

Mohinder Suresh, who the keep mentioning, was continuing his father's research on the evos. Molly was a little girl who could find any of the evos. Bennet was one of the people who hunted evos and his adopted daughter, Clair, was the evo who almost couldn't die.

That episode was awesome. Much better than the X-Men movies, to me. I like where this is going and can't wait to watch the whole season.

Mohinder Suresh, who the keep mentioning, was continuing his father's research on the evos. Molly was a little girl who could find any of the evos. Bennet was one of the people who hunted evos and his adopted daughter, Clair, was the evo who almost couldn't die.

I really have to go back and binge watch... I never watched beyond season 2 or 3...

I bought them all on blu-ray last Black Friday. So I have a good excuse to finally go back and finish them.

I really have to go back and binge watch... I never watched beyond season 2 or 3...

I bought them all on blu-ray last Black Friday. So I have a good excuse to finally go back and finish them.

Beware....season 4 is garbage IMO.

Actually, after season 1.5 (the writer strike severely hurt season 2, so it wasn't really a full season), it went down the tubes. I was a fan of that series but it crashed and burned so badly and so quickly that it left a bitter after taste.

As for Heroes Reborn, I'm holding off judgement until I see where some of this is going. There were some evident errors that I caught which trigger my OCD - the manga book was bound incorrectly (japanese books would begin from on the back). Some of the evos have silly, useless powers (what's with the old guy that bounces off walls at high speed and still can't seem to get out of the door?).

They certainly got the B-Team back from the old series but none of the A players made it back - Zachary Quinto, Kristen Belle, Hayden Panettiere, Ali Larter - all too big for a follow up series.

Actually, after season 1.5 (the writer strike severely hurt season 2, so it wasn't really a full season), it went down the tubes. I was a fan of that series but it crashed and burned so badly and so quickly that it left a bitter after taste.

As for Heroes Reborn, I'm holding off judgement until I see where some of this is going. There were some evident errors that I caught which trigger my OCD - the manga book was bound incorrectly (japanese books would begin from on the back). Some of the evos have silly, useless powers (what's with the old guy that bounces off walls at high speed and still can't seem to get out of the door?).

They certainly got the B-Team back from the old series but none of the A players made it back - Zachary Quinto, Kristen Belle, Hayden Panettiere, Ali Larter - all too big for a follow up series.

Huh?

-J.

There was a season 4? They lost me towards the end of season two.

BTW: Download (it's free) or watch online "Heroes: Dark Matter" it bridges the gap between the end of the old series and new series.

The underground EVO leader that appears hooded online makes several appearances and fans of the original show will get a kick out of it.

I thought 3 was better than 2, but the 1st season is definitely the best. Most of 4 takes place at a carnival.

Yeah, the writer's strike was a huge negative impact on Heroes, but to me, this is still a great show with great conceptions from the characters and story telling. I like the concepts of things like the X-Men, New Mutants, Generation X, Harbinger, Gen-13, etc. and think that this show encapsulates these ideas.

I thought 3 was better than 2, but the 1st season is definitely the best. Most of 4 takes place at a carnival.

I agree, season 1 was the best and that is what made me fall in love with this show. I think I held onto the other seasons hoping that it would carry that on. I really hope this season fulfills what this show got us started on.

Hopefully the sequel is a success and that leads to more convention appearances and will let me add to this....

Heroes%20Cast%20Signed106_zpsagzmpa2g.jpg

None of those "too big" actors are doing anything significant enough to pass on a decent television series. Larter in particular can barely even be called a C-list actress, and Panettiere has nothing beyond her "Nashville" television show. Quinto and Belle might be the biggest, but it's difficult to see them even as B-list actors yet. Quinto's got the best gig as Spock, but beyond that he doesn't have much at all.

Hopefully the sequel is a success and that leads to more convention appearances and will let me add to this....

Heroes%20Cast%20Signed106_zpsagzmpa2g.jpg

Nice! :banana:

I always thought the Tim Sale artwork for this show was excellent.

Are they still using him? I meant to check the credits on the show. Now that the "artist hero" dude isn't there to paint his versions of the future I wonder if they'll find a way to use Sale's work in the 9th wonder comics that keep popping up.

None of those "too big" actors are doing anything significant enough to pass on a decent television series. Larter in particular can barely even be called a C-list actress, and Panettiere has nothing beyond her "Nashville" television show. Quinto and Belle might be the biggest, but it's difficult to see them even as B-list actors yet. Quinto's got the best gig as Spock, but beyond that he doesn't have much at all.

Thought Sylar killed Kristen Belle's character.. (shrug)

Thought Sylar killed Kristen Belle's character.. (shrug)

He did, but with all the flashing forward and back it doesn't look like any character is off the table.