• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The "New Forum" Discussion Thread

509 posts in this topic

• Administrator

I had asked for the demo to run for 2 weeks, which they said they'd do, but it hasn't worked out that away. These demo account are only supposed to run for a few days. It turns out that they migrated their demo instances to a new node, and wiped out all of the open demos, including ours, when they did it. They probably considered that ok as those things are supposed to be pretty disposable.

Thanks Arch. I like the new software.

+1 I like that there's more to it than the boards. Image galleries, blogs, a more fully functioning calendar, better pm. (Now if you could only get those custom titles more easily hackable.)

Why yes, its feature rich!

Thanks Arch. I like the new software.

+1 I like that there's more to it than the boards. Image galleries, blogs, a more fully functioning calendar, better pm. (Now if you could only get those custom titles more easily hackable.)

Why yes, its feature rich!

The big question is what am I going to do with all the ubb code knowledge now that it'll become obsolete with the new boards. No more '[/img]' nor '

BTW - I dig the new board format.

I love IP boards, been using them for about 10 years. Not only are they much more feature rich on the user side, they are also extremely feature rich on the backend, including much better moderation abilities. And I know some people don't like the look, there are 1000's of themes that exist to skin the boards. In theory, an identical skin to the one we use right now could either be created or already exists.

I don't know if this has been discussed yet (and I'm not going to read through the whole thread to find out)...

What are the plans going to be for the integration of log-in information? Presently I have a personal log in user name and password to participate on the forum. I also have separate log-in info for checking on my submissions. Being a partner dealer we take in submissions from customers at each of our retail locations. I make the submission log-in info available to my store managers so they can check status of submissions for their customers. It sounds like the upgrade is going to consolidate all of the log-in info. I don't want my employees logging in under my user name, but I do want to make the invoicing available and visible to them. I assume the admins are considering how to implement this but I haven't been able to get an answer as of yet.

I had asked for the demo to run for 2 weeks, which they said they'd do, but it hasn't worked out that away. These demo account are only supposed to run for a few days. It turns out that they migrated their demo instances to a new node, and wiped out all of the open demos, including ours, when they did it. They probably considered that ok as those things are supposed to be pretty disposable.

So before it even goes live, there are problems. I think this is going to be a smooth transition.

It's going to single sign-on.

4. Integration directly into the grading web sites instead of the Collector's Society - including single sign on with the grading site

So once the new forum goes up if "MrBedrock" makes a post the odds are high that it may not be me typing.

I don't know if this has been discussed yet (and I'm not going to read through the whole thread to find out)...

What are the plans going to be for the integration of log-in information? Presently I have a personal log in user name and password to participate on the forum. I also have separate log-in info for checking on my submissions. Being a partner dealer we take in submissions from customers at each of our retail locations. I make the submission log-in info available to my store managers so they can check status of submissions for their customers. It sounds like the upgrade is going to consolidate all of the log-in info. I don't want my employees logging in under my user name, but I do want to make the invoicing available and visible to them. I assume the admins are considering how to implement this but I haven't been able to get an answer as of yet.

I've already got your board login info. Anyone who wants it can PM me.

Transplant is swell. I may be simple, but I know people. Plus, Mitch told me so.

Since I skipped to the end as well...when is this supposed to happen?

We don't know. We will be appraised of the date as it comes closer. It could be March 1, it could be 2 years from now. Though I'm guessing it's somewhat on the closer side.