• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MARVEL MOVES BACK INTO 7-11s

53 posts in this topic

"This will only really be beneficial if it creates NEW readers. Simply buying a book at 7-11 rather than your LCS won't help much."

my wife would throw a hissy if i dragged any of our kids into a comic shop.

she wouldn't have any idea what was going on at the 7-11!

anyway, some people are so far away from a comic shop the 7-11 becomes their only way of getting this stuff unless they want the hassles of mail order

anyway, some people are so far away from a comic shop the 7-11 becomes their only way of getting this stuff unless they want the hassles of mail order

Exactly, and that's the best part of this news. I think the hobby is bound to gain more readers in those areas.

Exactly, and that's the best part of this news. I think the hobby is bound to gain more readers in those areas.

As an aside.. I find it comforting to see that everytime I got to our local TARGET superstore.. I always see kids looking at, buying all the Marvel Ultimate reprints. And other Marvel comicbook stuff. They actually have quite a large section devoted to just comic stuff.. not the new stuff. But at least they have comic stuff for the kids.

Go comics.. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Ze-

This is a key point. Many parents won't take their kids to comic book stores. However, if they're at 7-11 and purchase a few items they're more likely to let the kid have a book or two. I hadn't stepped into an LCS until I started working and earning my own money at the age of 17.

well, particularly if she wasn't there to supervise, that is

amazingly, we were wandering around downtown and she offered to let us go into forbidden planet for a few minutes

and when we were in L.A. she let us go to the golden something or other comic shop

but she needs to be there to decide how long is too long and to monitor purchases

she tends to go straight to the wonder woman or "weird stuff" (e.g., nightmare before christmas) section of any shop

Ah, the 7-11, man that brings back some serious memories. We would ride or bikes up to the 7-11, grab the infamous Slurpee, some Now-n-Laters, Giant Sweet Tarts etc. Scan the trwrilling comic rack, buy our comics, then sit out side with our backs against the storefront-feast on sugar and read at least one comic cloud9.gif, then bag the rest and peddle back home, ah circa 1973-1976. Built most of my first Werewolf by Night and Tomb of Dracula runs off that thin wire twirlling comic rack 893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

I guess now people can have another place besides Borders and Barnes and Nobles were they can go and read comics for free

Wow...you've really missed the point in all of this... frustrated.gif

Based on your alias...do you own a brick and mortar shop?

Jim

could be... but they tried that last go-around (Marvel Adventure) and it didnt do much, so Id guess they wont bother this time... but that would goose sales a bit from completists amongst us. But with extra production costs, etc, it might be a wash, and, further, taint the sales data theyre gonna get from these new sales outlets.