• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

November 2015 Heritage Signature Auction Thread
1 1

630 posts in this topic

Amazing Spider-Man #59 with MJ go-go dancing went for $20K. Not twice up like pages from #39

59 is twice up, I believe.

No its just at the start of the change over to standard size. Listed in auction as "The page is produced in ink over blue pencil on Bristol board with an image area of 10" x 15""

Amazing Spider-Man #59 with MJ go-go dancing went for $20K. Not twice up like pages from #39

No its just at the start of the change over to standard size. Listed in auction as "The page is produced in ink over blue pencil on Bristol board with an image area of 10" x 15""

Ok,..its not #39 twice up size but still considered twice up as #61 is the last twice up. Not sure of the gradations within 1 - 61. 62 is very small.

They are 10 x 15.

Seem like good prices considering how much Heck's style dominates in those pieces; but they had great character content. One page has that big reunion kiss and the other (sort of) had the issue's cover scene.

Edited by bluechip

Ok. Think you right about the interiors. The Covers are larger I believe going to 61. My bad.

I was mightily impressed by the Liefeld XF1. Didn't expect it to move after the crazy bidding last week, but it still jumped a bunch during the live portion and hammered at $9k.

That's a 300%+ increase on the same auction house over 3 years!

July 2012 - $2151

http://comics.ha.com/itm/original-comic-art/rob-liefeld-x-force-1-splash-page-22-and-23-original-art-marvel-1991-/a/7063-92209.s?ic4=GalleryView-ShortDescription-071515

November 2015 - $8962.50

http://comics.ha.com/itm/original-comic-art/rob-liefeld-x-force-1-double-page-spread-18-19-original-art-marvel-1991-/a/7152-92162.s?ic4=GalleryView-ShortDescription-071515

Is this nostalgia for Liefeld? The Deadpool movie? Is Warpath now cool? Curious any thoughts...

Edited by RabidFerret

I was mightily impressed by the Liefeld XF1. Didn't expect it to move after the crazy bidding last week, but it still jumped a bunch during the live portion and hammered at $9k.

That's a 300%+ increase on the same auction house over 3 years!

July 2012 - $2151

http://comics.ha.com/itm/original-comic-art/rob-liefeld-x-force-1-splash-page-22-and-23-original-art-marvel-1991-/a/7063-92209.s?ic4=GalleryView-ShortDescription-071515

November 2015 - $8962.50

http://comics.ha.com/itm/original-comic-art/rob-liefeld-x-force-1-double-page-spread-18-19-original-art-marvel-1991-/a/7152-92162.s?ic4=GalleryView-ShortDescription-071515

Is this nostalgia for Liefeld? The Deadpool movie? Is Warpath now cool? Curious any thoughts...

The 25 year rule applies here along with the Deadpool movie. If you add 25 to 1991 = 2016. Love him or hate him, Rob's pages are cemented into a generation's memories just like all the other Image guys. Suddenly, people that used to read the books can start buying pages of the guys they used to read. Kind of like all the older collector's who seek out Kirby, Ditko, and Romita Sr. The wheel of time is spinning forward with a new collecting generation's expendable income burning a hole in their pockets.

Edited by Lucky Baru