• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

November 2015 Heritage Signature Auction Thread
1 1

630 posts in this topic

Looks like they pulled the dubious Barks.

Do we know why the McCay panel also got pulled?

What's a little scary about the Barks being pulled is the fact that the description for the listing said that Russ Cochran vouched for the piece.

Just because they pulled it doesn't mean it's fake. There probably needs to be more work done on authenticating it. If it is real (and I am not saying it is), it wouldn't be in the sellers interest to sell it because the bidding would be inordinately low because of suspicions that have been raised.

Looks like they pulled the dubious Barks.

Do we know why the McCay panel also got pulled?

What's a little scary about the Barks being pulled is the fact that the description for the listing said that Russ Cochran vouched for the piece.

Just because they pulled it doesn't mean it's fake. There probably needs to be more work done on authenticating it. If it is real (and I am not saying it is), it wouldn't be in the sellers interest to sell it because the bidding would be inordinately low because of suspicions that have been raised.

Agree 100%. If someone raised the cloud of uncertainty AND I as the seller wasn't 100% sure about the piece then you pull it, look into it and deal with it.

Green Lantern #76 cover .....

$442,150 with juice

That's a pretty impressive result. So hard to handicap these types of pieces. Would have loved to own this cover, but I'm happy with my GL 87 cover.

Scott

yours is 11 better than the 76 (thumbs u

Fantastic Four #123 cover by Sal Buscema and Joe Sinnott went for $44,215.00.

Pretty good for a Sal cover

The Hulk 200 page went strong at $2,629.00. You can pick up pages (if and when they pop up for sale) from surrounding issues for less than half of that.

Cockrum X-Men 155 for nearly $4k. Huh??? Last time I questioned the sanity of a second run Cockrum, Brian told me it was probably the best Nightcrawler page. Not the case this time. So Brian...please help me on this.

Fantastic Four #123 cover by Sal Buscema and Joe Sinnott went for $44,215.00.

Pretty good for a Sal cover

The Hulk 200 page went strong at $2,629.00. You can pick up pages (if and when they pop up for sale) from surrounding issues for less than half of that.

Maybe not anymore :D

Malvin