• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

deleted

20 posts in this topic

Ok I originally posted this thread so people could report this keyword spammer. He uses the terms 'lot' 'atlas' 'golden age' in all his single issue silver age books. It is very annoying when you are looking for actual golden age, lots. or atlas books. Report him if you want to maybe get some ebay action. I called ebay and they said they would deal with him we'll see. More reports won't hurt. If you go to report then search and browse manipulation then keyword spamming to report.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271782951405?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2648&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Now I get it why kav called this listing out.

“These books may show wear, creasing, tears and damage consistent with their grades. There are stress lines on the spines and other damage, missing pieces as well. Please look at the pictures I am not a grader. Thanks Mark

Who is Mark? The person that set up the listing thanks this 'Mark' as if we will all know this person, and join in his recognition of Mark for some unknown contribution.

- Did Mark give this person his books?

- Was it Mark that taught the seller how to setup a lot on Ebay?

- It could have even been Mark that donated the purple wrapping paper to help present the books, which he had acquired after receiving a package from China. Why this gets called out is the paper is made from a wood pulp that comes from a local tree which only grows in a forest in a limited area of the country also requiring an extensive road trip to acquire the material necessary for the paper-making process. Way to go Mark for being so kind with this selfless offering!

- Could it be Mark that is the professional grader since the seller is not one but was able to post 'consistent with their grades', and he gave this person the well-needed guidance of where to price these books and call out these consistent defects for their grade which then was not noted based on his expert experience and training? It isn't often you run into a CGC-PGX-ACE-CBCS Comic Book Grading Professional doctorate-holder, which part of the graduation ceremony is a recital of the 'hidden grading oath' to ensure the point is made you never, ever - well, sometimes - reveal the standards which helped you determine a given grade or estimate.

THANK YOU, MARK! Thank you for all you have done to brighten our day, and giving us this chance to recognize your accomplishments. They are many, and this simple little recognition doesn't even honor you in the way you deserve.

(worship):whee:(worship):whee:(worship)

Ok I originally posted this thread so people could report this keyword spammer. He uses the terms 'lot' 'atlas' 'golden age' in all his single issue silver age books. It is very annoying when you are looking for actual golden age, lots. or atlas books. Report him if you want to maybe get some ebay action. I called ebay and they said they would deal with him we'll see. More reports won't hurt. If you go to report then search and browse manipulation then keyword spamming to report.

I don't know why you "deleted" this post Kav. It's a legitimate complaint about insufficiently_thoughtful_persons who sell on eBay.

There is no way of stopping them though. It's like a zombie outbreak. you take one down and next thing you know there are three more.

Hail Hydra.

That sounds like a lot of trouble, and I seriously doubt ebay will do anything about it. And, even if they do, there are at least a million more keyword spammers to go after next (and that's probably not even an exaggeration). It's much easier to just create a search bookmark that searches on the terms you want and blocks sellers you don't want.

Well last time I called ebay he stopped doing it for a while now he's back at it. I deleted the post originally cause I didn't think anyone would be interested. There is a lot of keyword spamming but usually it has SOMETHING to do with what you're looking for. Not this dude.

Like someone is going to go search for golden age books then see his SA book and go wow I didn't know those books existed guess I'll buy it!!

What a dolt.