• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Inhumans movie cancelled?

165 posts in this topic

Black Bolt is beyond lame.

Rubber full body suit(including head and face covering, what? Is he secretly Muslim?) he never takes off, despite living in a hidden city surrounded only by family members.

Lame power.

Ultra lame that he never talks, and instead of having some kind of computer program to speak through, or sign language, he speaks through body poses, yes, I said body poses, read the old FFs

I imagine having a conversation with him being something like the dance for the Village Peoples song "YMCA"

Medusa is the only cool one IMO

Oh, and that little antennae, is that thing part of the face covering? Or is it growing directly out of the center of his forehead?

If it's the same as lockjaws, then it's growing out of his head, lame

Inhumans were never really popular, I kinda liked them but just Blackbolt & Medusa. Karnak, Triton & Stomping Lad - extremely lamo

It's movie hype, period. In the 2000 guide, 45,46 of FF are just slightly higher than 40-44. It wasn't even close to a key. It's incredible that it briefly surpassed 48 in value

I think the "let's make the Inhumans cooler than the X-Men" campaign has failed over on the Marvel comics side.

Contractually, they weren't left with much choice but to try.

Um...the Inhumans have _never_ been popular.

Want proof?

Google "Inhumans # 20"

Oh, wait...my bad. They've never had a solo series last longer than 12 issues.

In a world where Silver Surfer and Dr. Strange can't sustain monthly books, let alone the infinitely more bad- Nick Fury, Inhumans rank lower than Hawkman and Ant-Man.

Ditto, Guardians of the Galaxy isn't a valid precedent, since even they, as 4th tier characters, managed a decent 62-issue run in the '90s, and it was anchored by some sweet Mark Silvestri art.

Want proof?

Google "Inhumans # 20"

In a world where Silver Surfer and Dr. Strange can't sustain monthly books, let alone the infinitely more bad- Nick Fury, Inhumans rank lower than Hawkman and Ant-Man.

Ditto, Guardians of the Galaxy isn't a valid precedent, since even they, as 4th tier characters, managed a decent 62-issue run in the '90s, and it was anchored by some sweet Mark Silvestri art.

Agree - Inhumans just haven't been that popular over the years. I feel like they're just hard to relate to.

It SHOULD be Game of Thrones but everyone has a power (and sometimes it skirts that path). BUT it IS like the INCREDIBLES except not fun.

*Note I haven't read any of the newer stuff.

Want proof?

Google "Inhumans # 20"

Agree - Inhumans just haven't been that popular over the years. I feel like they're just hard to relate to.

It SHOULD be Game of Thrones but everyone has a power (and sometimes it skirts that path). BUT it IS like the INCREDIBLES except not fun.

*Note I haven't read any of the newer stuff.

Wasn't Matt Fraction supposed to write an Inhumans title that was billed as having a GoT feel to it? Did that ever happen?

Inhumans were never really popular, I kinda liked them but just Blackbolt & Medusa. Karnak, Triton & Stomping Lad - extremely lamo

That's most of them...

The ever-lovely Crystal, I hated Quicksilver for stealing her from Johnnie.

The dog is cool

Lockjaw :headbang:

lockjaw.jpg

That's most of them...

The ever-lovely Crystal, I hated Quicksilver for stealing her from Johnnie.

The dog is cool

Lockjaw :headbang:

lockjaw.jpg

+1 You gotta love Lockjaw

Medusa and LockJaw would be great on the big screen. I still think the Inhumans will appear in the MCU but it could be several years down the line now.

Now that Spidey is under creative control Marvel has a lot of breathing room.

I could see them shelving Inhumans until they get FF rights back.

FF, Doom, Galactus, Surfer, Inhumans is an entire phase unto itself if they can get the rights.

I'd argue that the Inhumans were popular.

In the late '60s as Marvel was expanding Stan would frequently mention new series that were being developed due to fan requests, and the Inhumans were one of those series.

With Amazing Adventures and Astonishing Tales, the Inhumans, the Black Widow, Dr.Doom & Ka-zar got their own series. None of 'em kept their initial series past issue #20.

Quite a few characters have trouble maintaining an on-going series, but that does not make them unpopular characters.

If so, by this token, then characters like Dr. Doom, Ka-zar, the Black Widow, & Deathlock are not popular characters, as none of them (that I know of as of this writing) had a series lasting much beyond 20-30 issues.

I always thought the Inhumans were alright. I liked Black Bolt the best of them though. He's pretty cool looking.

That said, they've never been really popular. I said in a group PM that maybe Marvel is backing off the whole "Inhumans" (ILO Mutants) thing in hopes that they can work out something with Fox to get a piece of the Mutant action.

They worked out a deal with Sony for Spidey after all.

What was the longest running solo Ant-man or Wasp title ?

-J.

You might have stumbled on why they are not making an Inhumans movie right now. With a large cast and presumably larger budget, that movie would have to make far more than Ant-Man did. Ant-Man did okay, but it didn't set the box office on fire.

Maybe Disney saw the return on Ant-Man and had second thoughts about introducing a large ensemble of new characters in their own movie? (shrug)