• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dallas Fan Days February 13-14 2016

94 posts in this topic

I wish they would start to announce any artist that would be attending this show. It looks like one again celebs are the priority. Hopefully we can see some comic announcements soon.

Agreed, creators almost seem like an afterthought to them at these shows lately.

You will see some comic guests announced very soon, as I said. People have been booked, but the PR releases with guest announcements follow a specific schedule.

Media stars do bring in the most number of people, but as a comic fan, I don't go to these events for media stars, I go to see comic creators, and I know you do too.

Yes, both Mark and Ben left. Lots of staffers too, including Devin, who hosted the Q&As.

Lots of people dislike Fan Expo, and I said it since 2014 that Fan Expo were not going to do anything for Dallas. Proof is here.

Repeat guests, lack of comic names, smaller lineups every single time...I won't be back to any of their shows. Luckily I still have Comicpalooza and Alamo City Comic Con :applause:

I spent maybe 3 hours at the last October show

Did I miss something? Saturday at the May show was packed so full, despite the cancellations, that I had to find creative ways to make my way around the room to avoid the crush, and the longest comic creator line that I saw all weekend, by far, was for Amanda Conner, a repeat guest.

The only reason I went to Comicpalooza every day is because the guests were only there for a day each.

But they never accomplished what they wanted: a sell out, and becoming Texas' biggest event.

They always said they were going to be the #1 event, yet they are #3 in attendance.

I had a VIP for May and sold it because of how regular it looked, and lots of guests (comic and celebs) that I've seen plenty of other times at other shows. Not worth a 7 hour drive. CP is around 5 1/2 but at least that show was much better with Eastman and the Simonsons.

And Media. That's the one thing I disliked from Alamo. Apple is a badass, but seems that his team gives media/exhibitor passes to everyone that asks for one. Plus, one of the bookers for that show works with a radio station, so I guess he must give out a lot of media passes to his pals.

But they never accomplished what they wanted: a sell out, and becoming Texas' biggest event.

They always said they were going to be the #1 event, yet they are #3 in attendance.

I had a VIP for May and sold it because of how regular it looked, and lots of guests (comic and celebs) that I've seen plenty of other times at other shows. Not worth a 7 hour drive. CP is around 5 1/2 but at least that show was much better with Eastman and the Simonsons.

I suppose if you've been to even a handful of shows, then you're going to start running into the same guests over and over. I've been to five, and I'm almost to where I've met everyone I'd like to meet. Like I said, I was in-and-out at Comicpalooza each day. I spent far more time at Dallas.

I would have guessed Dallas was second behind Alamo.

As a comic creator show this is by far the greatest show for fans to visit with a higher tiered comic guest.

Every now and then they have some great guests that are overlooked or ignored by the number of attendees that want actor sigs/photos/chit chat. It makes that interaction with the comic guest that much more relaxed and genuine in my opinion. They don't have a big line (or any line for that matter) and you don't feel rushed and neither does the creator.

Sucks for the comic guests though. The number of people that frequent their tables remind me of no name tables in an average Wizard World Artist Alley.

As a comic creator show this is by far the greatest show for fans to visit with a higher tiered comic guest.

Every now and then they have some great guests that are overlooked or ignored by the number of attendees that want actor sigs/photos/chit chat. It makes that interaction with the comic guest that much more relaxed and genuine in my opinion. They don't have a big line (or any line for that matter) and you don't feel rushed and neither does the creator.

Sucks for the comic guests though. The number of people that frequent their tables remind me of no name tables in an average Wizard World Artist Alley.

I would agree! This is a fun show! It does get packed at times, but it has a good mix of comics and "pop culture stuff". It's typically a heavy Dr. Who show (depending on guests).

Kolmaravenue: what store do you typically shop? Jays Comics off 45? Or Dreamland in Libertyville? I'm friends with both guys. I lived in Gurnee for about 10 years before coming to Texas. If you're coming to the show, stop by! I should have booth 58, it's a corner.

I would agree! This is a fun show! It does get packed at times, but it has a good mix of comics and "pop culture stuff". It's typically a heavy Dr. Who show (depending on guests).

Kolmaravenue: what store do you typically shop? Jays Comics off 45? Or Dreamland in Libertyville? I'm friends with both guys. I lived in Gurnee for about 10 years before coming to Texas. If you're coming to the show, stop by! I should have booth 58, it's a corner.

No WAY! I'm from Michigan, and we used to go to Six Flags in Gurnee a bunch, before I moved to Texas.