• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dallas Fan Days February 13-14 2016

94 posts in this topic

I can't speak for anyone but myself and I was told there was room, then got the "you're on the waiting list" email yesterday.

That's a drag since I enjoy and collect your covers. No one else does what you do.

Apparently there were a few cancellations, I should have an Artist Alley presence.

Next weekend!

We'll be there with plenty of fresh books at the Monster's Lair booth! :banana:

Any J Scott Campbell goodies? :)

what are we looking for? Let me know either in the thread or via pm.

Most of the new stuff is silver age marvels. Thor, Tales to astonish, tales of suspense, nick fury, Fantastic four, strange tales.....

Not just Philly. There's Phoenix, WW, Awesome Con, and A-Kon in Dallas going that weekend.

A-Kon is anime focused, and looks to be fairly small (we've done hotel shows at that Hilton and it isn't huge). I am wondering if Wizard is done adding guests since they're pushing the whole Back to the Future theme of that show. Awesome Con has some decent guests so far, not sure about Phoenix.

Bottom line is that there are still plenty of opportunities to get good guests for May. It will just depend on how serious they are about it, and whether they'll focus on media only or go for a good comic creator lineup as well.

None of those full line-ups, currently (at least), are piquing my interest, except for the Back to the Future group. I'd need Morena Baccarin (last sig for my Firefly piece) and Grey Delisle (for my brother) from Awesome Con and Alex Kingston (who will be at Space City Con before that, which is 10 minutes from my apartment).

The bigger question, for me, is how they're going to do Space City Con on May 27-29, Dallas Fan Expo June 3-5, and then Comicpalooza June 17-19.

I don't know if I could do all three, with them all bunched together within three weeks. That hits to the old wallet all at once.