• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What book in your collection is in the worst condition? Raw or Graded..

56 posts in this topic

The two from my childhood that I still have are my GSX 1 and X-Men 94. The GSX is a 2.0 or so and the 94 is about a 1.0. I have posted this several times - the cover of the 94 is more like felt than paper because i read it so many times (and threw it down the basement stairs so many times).

My GL 87 has rusty staples (replaced) rust stains, detached cover and centerfold.

I had a Superman 37 I sold that got eaten all around by termites so there was no spine just a stack of pages with eat marks all the way around.

I have about a dozen early Golden Age comics left from a large barn find that I call the "rat chew" collection. Every one of them had some rat chewing on at least one side. Some very severe. The collection was from 1939 to 1944 and some great books in it. A real shame. I kept some that wern't that all bad or keys. I'll try to take some pics when I get the chance. You will want to cry...

FF 20. My first SA book purchased by mail order in the late 70s, before I knew comic book grading definitions and that good condition was a misnomer. I was expecting something much better than the tatty, delicate copy I received.

I have a Fantastic Four #25 that I'm pretty sure a cat decomposed on. The one time I took it out of the bag to read it, I literally had to cover my face with a towel because the stench was so bad.

It's complete, but still .5 at best. A total rag.

damn that's got me beat...

It's the 1st book I ever bought (25 cent right off the spinner rack).

127433.jpg

127434.jpg

My 35 year old quest was 100% complete when I had Stan sign the indica a few years ago.

AF 15 – ASM 700 complete. I already had all the books, but it wouldn't have been anything if I couldn't meet and thank one of the creators of my favorite character Peter Parker.

All others books will be up for sale at one time or another, but this beater copy that has the cover hanging on by a thread and an old man's signature on the indica I plan on keeping.

:cloud9: