• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Garth Ennis's 'The Boys' the next Ennis series for TV!?
3 3

442 posts in this topic

What's remarkable about The Boys as a series is that each season has never felt starkly different from what came before it, each batch of episodes truly playing like the next collection of issues in a larger narrative, but at the same time has never gotten stale. When the series is complete there will seemingly be a host of seasons that all tell one big story, with the breaks between no longer carrying the weight of a hiatus and simply directing where the tale goes next. That is not to say that the series feels the same from seasons one to two to now three, or that at any point the show is spinning its wheels, because the surprises that they manage to sneak into literally every episode always manage to top what came before them. 

The Boys as a TV show is entering a rare territory, one where it has staked its own claim with the property and seems poised to exceed its source material in many ways. While Ennis and Robertson's comics will always be present and available for readers, TV series creator Kripke has elevated the material to fit our current era like how the original text was a major response to early-2000s politics. Both versions of this story, in print and on screen, contain elements that will tragically always be timeless, but The Boys TV series has found where it can improve on its source, and it's done that.

Rating: 5 out of 5

How are they releasing this season's episodes?  I thought Prime usually dropped entire seasons at once, but it looks like they only dropped the first three episodes.

On 6/6/2022 at 7:52 AM, fantastic_four said:

How are they releasing this season's episodes?  I thought Prime usually dropped entire seasons at once, but it looks like they only dropped the first three episodes.

A few months back Amazon noted it was going to break up the season to avoid binging everything.

Here is the episodes release schedule.

Eight Blood-Soaked Episodes of The Boys Season 3

• Episode 1, "Payback": Now streaming as of on June 3
  • Episode 2, "The Only Man In The Sky": Now streaming as of June 3
  • Episode 3, "Barbary Coast": Now streaming as of June 3
  • Episode 4, "Glorious Five Year Plan": Streaming on June 10
  • Episode 5, "The Last Time to Look on This World of Lies": Streaming on June 17
  • Episode 6, "Herogasm": Streaming on June 24
  • Episode 7, "Here Comes a Candle to Light You to Bed": Streaming on July 1
  • Episode 8, "The Instant White-Hot Wild": Streaming on July 8

On 6/6/2022 at 12:31 PM, Wolverinex said:

If that was the massage scene, yes.  Way too much.

I was debating if I wanted to continue but then I finished the rest and they were great.

I think he meant the dinner with Timothy. LOL. It was twisted yet funny at same time. And hard to watch. Which is basically what this whole series is about. 

On 6/6/2022 at 10:48 PM, Bosco685 said:

Here is the episodes release schedule.

Eight Blood-Soaked Episodes of The Boys Season 3

• Episode 5, "The Last Time to Look on This World of Lies": Streaming on June 17
  • Episode 6, "Herogasm": Streaming on June 24
  • Episode 7, "Here Comes a Candle to Light You to Bed": Streaming on July 1
  •  

Told ya all they'd do it!

Oh man - prepare for some dark twisted mess in that one!

Edited by Beige

the writers on this show are great-the scene with Homelander trying to beat Stan to the chair is priceless. :) (he didn't realize it was a race until too late!!)

Edited by fett