• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does anyone know or has anyone dealt with this person?

458 posts in this topic

I haven't asked what would happen should a deal go sour.

:eek:

Stop. What. You. Are. Doing. Now. :fear:

Pretty serious question you want the answer to with a possible $10k+ deals going wrong. No?

Oh the possibilities. He eats the loss, threats, legs are broken, death, he no longer sends you a birthday card in the mail.

Gabriel - this is one of those examples where you are in way over your head!

I understand that you made a similar deal before - but you are obviously out of your element. This does not mean you will not ever be able to make deals like this - but you really should not go near something like this until you are able to comfortably investigate the sale yourself - then purchase the book yourself - then flip it to your buyer.

You should be focusing on purchasing small collections or finding deals in the wild- and grinding out the $5 ebay sales. You will have to work hard - but you will learn and build a bankroll.

You keep trying to skip this step - and eventually one or more of these deals will blow up in your face and you will be out hundreds if not thousands. brokering a 10K deal that goes south ---- and it is all on you and you get screwed and are unlikely to recover. Missing a coupon cutout on a $10 sale? --- so much easier to handle the situation.

Yes ebay does have seller limits - it does not take much to get these increased. I sell nowhere near what many others here do ( I am SMALL fish - big pond) - and I am allowed to list $60K+ per month (and get NOWHERE near that, lol).

In my area it's kinda dry for comics and the good ones are in toronto

Then you're not even ready for the minor leagues of dealing. Stop pretending you are a major league player.

W16227 has given you great advice. Print it out and re-read as many times as necessary until it sinks in.

I'd say go for it.

Red flags are simply roadblocks to success.

:whistle:

Just because there is a goalie doesn't mean you can't score.

Failure is just another opportunity to try again!

Yes my client usually buy for 50-75% of fmv and usually starts at 50% he the guy asked for payment through pp protection if that helps anything. I haven't asked what would happen should a deal go sour.

just a word of advice, it's probably best to document the relationship, the parameters and the processes involved in procuring a book. And then you two come to an agreement on it.

How is your payment detailed? Do you get a percentage? A sliding scale percentage? flat rate?

again, all things that should be in writing...

I understand that you made a similar deal before - but you are obviously out of your element. This does not mean you will not ever be able to make deals like this - but you really should not go near something like this until you are able to comfortably investigate the sale yourself - then purchase the book yourself - then flip it to your buyer.

You should be focusing on purchasing small collections or finding deals in the wild- and grinding out the $5 ebay sales. You will have to work hard - but you will learn and build a bankroll.

You keep trying to skip this step - and eventually one or more of these deals will blow up in your face and you will be out hundreds if not thousands. brokering a 10K deal that goes south ---- and it is all on you and you get screwed and are unlikely to recover. Missing a coupon cutout on a $10 sale? --- so much easier to handle the situation.

Yes ebay does have seller limits - it does not take much to get these increased. I sell nowhere near what many others here do ( I am SMALL fish - big pond) - and I am allowed to list $60K+ per month (and get NOWHERE near that, lol).

Just a note to tell how I appreciate the way W16227 worded such good advice. (thumbs u

got a question for you guys has anyone ever heard or dealt with this guy?

borod-pavel aka PHILIPP51

This is important and I need any info you have if he's legit or not

Thanks in advance :)

Listen to your fellow boardies, unless you really want to risk getting burned.

You've already received your answer.

(Why do I feel like those two sentences sound like they came from a fortune cookie?)

Then you're not even ready for the minor leagues of dealing. Stop pretending you are a major league player.

W16227 has given you great advice. Print it out and re-read as many times as necessary until it sinks in.

I have to agree. If you're on this chat forum constantly asking questions that are usually fairly straight forward business things, then you don't have the experience to dabble in big books. The risk is too large.

You really should start small and learn from experiences where the potential for loss is not very high (like eBaying out a small collection) and then learn through those experiences.

You FUBAR once big book deal and your rep is ruined, you're out money and possibly worse, you get someone who is out to get you.

Does this make any sense to anyone but the OP?

At this point I'm pretty sure someone is just messing with us. I thought he was legit, but the past two days in this thread and his journal are just too much to take at face value.

if the buyer can find the seller, in order to ask you to check it out, why would you be needed in any way?

You are his ebay seller checker, and you get a commission for that? No offence, but it sounds like you are buying books for yourself, or your dad, or something like that....

I've got them all .....

You really should start small and learn from experiences where the potential for loss is not very high (like eBaying out a small collection) and then learn through those experiences.

@Gabriel

How many times does this advice need to be given to you before it sinks in ?

Has anyone ever met Gabe in person?

Why do you ask Roy ? I had a Comic Book grading guide purchased for him off Amazon last year because he didn't own a credit card.

Because quite few people (not me until now) have questioned whether he's real or this is a 'put on' or gag.

Why do you ask Roy ? I had a Comic Book grading guide purchased for him off Amazon last year because he didn't own a credit card.

Because quite few people (not me until now) have questioned whether he's real or this is a 'put on' or gag.

:gossip: wants to build Rome in less than 12 hrs ...

:gossip: wants to build Rome in less than 12 hrs ...

Gonna need a long weekend at least!

Why do you ask Roy ? I had a Comic Book grading guide offered to him, purchased off Amazon, last year because he didn't own a credit card.

I remember that. The kid has come along way...not being able to afford a grading guide to brokering 4 figure deals. Pretty soon he'll be in Columbia Comics' league.